Can't connect to most lobbies

Since getting the new client (2023.10.0), I can't connect to most lobbies. When I try joining, it brings up the lobby window which says "Connecting (Abort Connect)" and just stays there forever.

Tried restarting FAF. Tried restarting my computer.

I have been able to connect to 1 or 2 out of 8 games. No obvious pattern why.

When I try hosting, no one is able to join my game. It says "Player connecting" but they never connect.

Also, I can't see any players' countries. Not sure if that is related.

@monkey_gamer The flags are temporarily not available due to recent changes to the client & server to help with mitigating the DDoS attacks, but they'll return in a future update.

As for your connection issues, in the FAF client, go to the top left menu > Settings > Forged Alliance Forever > make sure Allow the ICE adapter to use IPv6 is not checked. Next, scroll down to Preferred Cotruns for ICE & change that to one of the Germany servers. After that, scroll all the way back up & if Force Relay Connection is checked, uncheck it after making those changes to IPv6 & Coturn.

In addition to that, I'd suggest that you also do the following:

1. Enable the FAF Debugger (client > top left menu > Settings > Forged Alliance Forever > Use FAF Debugger when starting Forged Alliance > click the checkbox to enable > click "Get the latest version of the debugger" button).
  2. Enable the ICE Log (client > top left menu > Settings > General > Write ICE Log File > click the checkbox to enable).

Enabling both of these will provide more detailed logs for the game & the connection system that's used (ICE) to help with troubleshooting.

The next time you have issues, please go to client > top left menu > Show logs folder > logs > sort by Date Modified. From there, drag/drop the following files into a new post in the #tech-support-forum channel:

1. The client.log file (the Text Document file, not the .gz compressed files)
  2. The most recent game log file (should be of the game that just froze/crashed)
  3. The most recent ice-adapter.log & the advanced-ice-adapter.log (both in a separate folder)

Along with those files, please also include some details as to what the issue is, what you were doing when it occurred & what, if any, troubleshooting steps you've already taken so somebody with expertise (most likely not me) can take a look & hopefully help you.