Weekly Discussion #30 - Discord Reorganization

Maybe mix balance discussion into gameplay as well since it often boils down to that. As for balance suggestions we can always open a thread on it when talking down specific changes and implementation.
Good job so far, I like the changes

Analyze, Adapt, Overcome...

@deribus Some thoughts/suggestions:

1. Rename #replays-been-cast to #streams-and-casts
  2. If you're going to have the faf meme and replay channels in the FAF category, they should be at the bottom of the category (rather than the middle).
  3. Make the replay-review channel into a thread-creation-only channel (done via bot and or permission settings) where users would just post replays there and the discussion for a replay would take place in that replay's thread. This could be particularly useful in the way of creating a referencable list that people could be referred to to learn things from other people's replays and the feedback given to them.
  4. #meme-sharing and #politics are used a lot more than #cute-animals and should presumably be at the top of the off-topic channel list.
  5. Instead of adding a looking for game category, just add the two channels of #looking-for-game and #looking-for-group to the FAF category right below #general-chat.
  6. If you're going to merge the mapping and modding categories, the modding channels should either be at the top or bottom of the category's channel list rather than in-between mapping-related channels.
  7. Don't delete the #matchmaker-submissions channel that is used...
  8. The mapgen category isn't used that much but it is informative and I don't think it should be removed without a suitable replacement for its functionality (which I don't expect to happen soon if ever).
  9. #balance-suggestions should be changed to a thread-creation-only channel or a Discord forum.
  10. Move #casts-and-streams (or whatever its called), #replays-to-cast, and #faf-memes to FAF Promotions (which could be renamed) or to a new category that could be called something like FAF Media or FAF Entertainment.

pfp credit to gieb

As @Deribus Mentioned ive been working on convering thecnial help over to a forum to make it easyer to find infomation regaring common issuse and how to fix them and then for any other issuse a new post can be created with guidlines on what makses a good post to get to the solution the quickest. 78204416-e8bd-4122-b177-e98c3e20397e-image.png

Here is what I've got so far all the information that was in the pins has been migrated over into its own Post. Were only have to have 1 Pined post in a Forum so the top pin post is where were able to list links to all the most common issues that happen and the link their will take you to the corresponding Forum post. All these channels are read only.

If you have any suggestions for any other common issues please let me know here and we can add them.

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock