Can't Create New Game

Was hosting a modded game, went to rehost because of lag issues caused by a player who wouldn't drop. After leaving game via Menu, clicked on "Create Game" in FAF and nothing happens.

Tried rebooting computer and reinstalling FAF, still couldn't host a game. Finally launched Supreme Commander via C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe

I ran a skirmish game vs AI, immediately quit, then relaunched FAF and was able to create and host a game. Played with team for an hour until we died, then quit via going to see Score.

Fast forward next day, launch FAF, same exact issue. Nothing happens when clicking "Create Game." I delete and redownload all mods used the previous game, still doesn't work. Also find that the "Manage active mods" button in Mods Tab will do nothing.

Go and run Supreme Commander via C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe and quit again. Launch FAF. "Create Game" and "Manage active mods" buttons work. Host a new map to test, launch game, test and quit. Select "Create Game" again, and nothing happens, buttons don't work again.

Seems at this point I have to launch a skirmish via C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe after every time I host a map on FAF or I can't create a new lobby.

Map and Mods when issue first appeared (have played with all these before without issue).
Map:
Europe Fizzys Revenge
Mods:
AI Wave Survival
BlackOps FAF Unleashed
BlackOps FAF ACUs
No Friendly Fire
AntiNuke 50% Costs
Hive Engineering Stations for All
AI-Uveso

After further testing, this seems to be a conflict between AI Wave Survival and the latest patch to FAF.

To be able to host a game with AI Wave Survival, one must first launch Supreme Commander via C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe, then host a Skirmish with AI Wave Survival disabled. Then "Create Game" in FAF becomes available and one can enable AI Wave Survival and host normally.

Don't know what changes to the new patch are causing the weird issues between the FAF Client and AI Wave Survival mod.

We'll look into this, can you share me an image of the correct map / mod in the vault?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip

Here is the mod.

AI Wave Survival works with any map. Doesn't seem to be a map issue, as the problem occurs with any map I use AI Wave Survival on.

AI Wave Survival is a branch of the mod Swarm Survival. I haven't tested, but I wouldn't be surprised if that mod had the same issues.

AIWaveSurvival.jpg

Another issue has emerged when playing the mod with the latest FAF update.

I usually host with with win conditions being Supremacy (player only eliminated if all factories, engies, and ACUs destroyed). Also with Full Share set to On.

If a player drops or loses connection, the game will announce they have been eliminated. However, only their buildings will transfer to the team. Their units and their Commander will remain, staying the eliminated player's color, and uncontrollable by the rest of the team. The Commander will not explode, like what normally happens when a player drops.

The bug got weirder, around 10 minutes after the above player dropped, my own Commander was killed. I was pulling my SACU's and other units back when, about 2 minutes after my Commander was killed, the game announced my defeat and eliminated the rest of my units. Supremacy and Full Share were both on. I stayed to observe, a player after my demise also lost their Commander but was not eliminated and played until the game ended.

Here is the replay for that game https://replay.faforever.com/18537568

Map:
Europe Fizzys Revenge
Mods:
AI Wave Survival
BlackOps FAF Unleashed
BlackOps FAF ACUs
No Friendly Fire
AntiNuke 50% Costs
Hive Engineering Stations for All
AI-Uveso

@jip

Just hosted a game, then quite FAF. Relaunched FAF and hit "Create Game" to generate a log. I've uploaded the log. The errors are at the end.

client.log

I forgot to clarify in my previous posts, I must run a Skirmish game without AI Wave Survival enabled. This seems to clear the bug, which then allows me to host a game in FAF. Rebooting the computer, nor reinstalling FAF, nor deleting the mod will clear the bug, so whatever the issue is, it is in a file that isn't deleted when the computer restarts or when FAF is reinstalled.

I had the exact same problem (create game button does nothing). I had to disable all mods in a skirmish started via the .exe from programdata. For me, it was not the AI Wave Survival mod though! I had M27AI on, but disabling that alone was not enough.

Thanks for workaround, still hope for fix!

How old is your computer? I recently got a Legion Pro running Windows 11, but before that I tested three other laptops. All had Windows 11 and either an 11th gen or 12th gen Intel CPU. All 4 laptops had no problems hosting games with mods. My older laptop that had issues is Windows 10 with an i7-5500u. Don't know if the bug is related to Windows version or older hardware?

I did just run into another player on FAF asking for help with the same problem, but I didn't ask him his specs.