Client loads game, then blank screen.

Earlier I was getting issues with java thus I decided to uninstall supcom, deleted the folder and reinstalled.

I reinstalled the game and FAF, now I can launch the FA program, but after I get a custom cursor it's just a black screen. Thinking it might be something to do with never running the game itself I launched the steam client, that sucessfully run. Quit that, went back to FAF, still a black screen.

I noticed when I created a new game I didn't have to create a profile, and it had my existing one. Is there more config files hidden in appdata, users, games, supcom or something? Would that create the issue I'm getting?

New day, restarted computer, decided to create a game with the exact same settings. This time client won't load and I got the following:

[quote]
java.util.concurrent.CompletionException: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: connect
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.encodeRelay(CompletableFuture.java:367)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.completeRelay(CompletableFuture.java:376)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture$UniRelay.tryFire(CompletableFuture.java:1093)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.postComplete(CompletableFuture.java:506)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.CompletableFuture.completeExceptionally(CompletableFuture.java:2152)
at com.faforever.client.fa.relay.ice.IceAdapterImpl.lambda$start$8(IceAdapterImpl.java:238)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832)
Caused by: java.net.BindException: Cannot assign requested address: connect
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.Net.connect0(Native Method)
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.Net.connect(Net.java:503)
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.Net.connect(Net.java:492)
at java.base/sun.nio.ch.NioSocketImpl.connect(NioSocketImpl.java:588)
at java.base/java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:333)
at java.base/java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:648)
at java.base/java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:597)
at java.base/java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:520)
at java.base/java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:294)
at com.nbarraille.jjsonrpc.TcpClient.<init>(TcpClient.java:27)
at com.faforever.client.fa.relay.ice.IceAdapterImpl.lambda$start$8(IceAdapterImpl.java:211)
... 1 more
[/quote]

@nr2117 For what it's worth, I have a VPN, I only allow certain browsers and bittorrent through it, everything else connects directly to the internet, however I noticed yesterday in the chat client that my nation flag was Mexico, which is not where I am based. Somehow the client is going through the VPN.

I fixed it.
I reinstalled both the game and the client, same error. I turned off the VPN, suspecting that despite only four programs allowed to use the VPN it may somehow be routing FAF traffic through it. I was right, it was. I was able to load the game and see the unfamiliar, modernised client.

Going to have some games against the AI then get my ranking.

Same Problem, when I load into the game all I get is a black screen and a cursor.

Reinstalled all Mods. reinstalled FAF via steam and still not working. Updated Nvidia + Windows drivers, installed Nvidia driver fix mod, still not working.