Loading old .scd script into game

Hey All,

Been trying all week to get an old script of mine to load up, there's so many paths and each one I placed the file in gamedata, mods, root folders etc, can not get FA to see it and enable it inside Settings like I used to be able to do. Not sure if it's an update compatibility or not as I had to wipe my main machine, but cannot for the life of me get it to load. Be happy to submit the log but it doesn't list the name of the file in it at all, so I'm thinking it would be moot to do so.

The script I've got hasn't been updated or replicated in the mods vault, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cujo67

Can you describe what you're trying to do?

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

its a ban script; works nicely to keep the racists, bullys, and spamming children free from view 😃

Not up-to-date but it's a truly useful tool to manage hosting of random joins.

I was referring to how you're trying to load it in 😉 .

The init file can be found on Github, the base game assets that contain Lua files are no longer loaded. See also these lines. That means any changes to those files will not be picked up by the base game, and I suspect that is what you're doing here.

I don't know how your changes are setup, but you can try loading it like how people load Kyro's lobby. You can put the file in the gamedata folder of faforever (usually found at: C:\ProgramData\FAForever\gamedata) and call it like one of these exceptions.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned