Mirrors for slow downloads

This is a list of known and semi-trusted mirrors for certain FAF downloads. These may come in handy if you are experiencing extremely slow download speeds.

Disclaimer: Use these mirrors at your own risk! Always verify the integrity of files downloaded from mirrors before executing them on your computer. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR OF THIS LIST (ASKAHOLIC) BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS POST OR INTERACTION WITH THE MIRRORS LISTED HERE. (Copied and modified from the MIT software license)

Mirrors for game files:

Mirrors for GitHub releases

How to use them

For now, you need to download and install files manually. In the future I hope to get this functionality integrated into the client so that it can do the integrity checks and renaming automatically, and I will update this post when that happens.

I made a short post about how to use game file mirrors here: https://askaholic.io/faf-mirror/
In summary you need to:

1. Download the available files from the mirror using your web browser.
  2. Verify the checksums against the FAF API !!!DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!!!
  3. Copy/rename the files to your C:\ProgramData\FAForever directory

Currently I don't think there is any way to verify the client installers, so only download those if you trust the mirror they're coming from (e.g. you know who owns the domain name and trust that that person is not distributing malicious files).

Again, this is only a temporary stopgap to the slow download problem. We are continuing to work on more permanent solutions.