Allow UI mods to communicate with external services

For example, I want to be able to make short notes on other player and see them in game. Or there would be useful to mark player as lagger and see his lagger-rating.
In order to be able to implement such things we need to allow mods to send and receive messages via GPGNet. I checked code of ICE adapter and it seems it is not very hard to implement message routing for interop with external services.
So the question: why nobody implemented it? Is it prohibited by something or what?

GpgNet messages can only be sent but not received (I guess it's an engine security restriction).

Also I think you can only send Gpg messages in sim mods (engine restriction) - but maybe some expert can confirm this.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

Thank you for info, seems reasonable. So, no easy way. But what about chat? Can we create something like chat bot? At least in lobby.

Kyros lobby has an /info <player> text command that be done in lobby that can be recalled along with other things. The old version is busted but I'll be uploading a new version soon with fixes and other additions.