Custom Games Wont Load

Can't join a custom game, When I click to join a game I get nothing. If I try to join another game I get an error message "can't join a game while in state JOINING". When I check and watch my application the FAF app disappears when I try to join a game. I have uninstalled and reinstalled fresh 3 times (removing ALL files) and it is still doing it. I have made sure Windows Defender and Malwarebytes have an exception to ally the FAF client
through the firewalls for both private and public access. I Have been playing FAF online for 2 years and never had this problem. Just played last week

Hm, I’m totally just spitballing here, but if you were able to play last week and didn’t change anything with your setup (besides reinstall) maybe some windows update broke something? In which case I’d say try rebooting the computer. Sounds kinda dumb, but worth a shot.

Otherwise you should post your client log. Open the client and choose “show log folder” in the hamburger menu.

Great thought. I haven't allowed a windows update for 4 weeks, because, ya they screw shit up and have to be prepared. Every time windows updates it changes my scanner password and some security settings. I did make sure to create security exceptions for Downlords FAF

Here ae the last lines of my game log during the crash (this was attempt #9)

debug: Loading module '\000/lua/keymap/keynames.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/keymap/keymapper.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/keymap/keydescriptions.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/keymap/defaultkeymap.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/keymap/keyactions.lua\000'
debug: Loading module '\000/lua/keymap/debugkeyactions.lua\000'
warning: GAL Exception: file : c:\work\rts\main\code\src\libs\gpggal\DeviceD3D9.cpp(189)
error: unable to create device
warning: GAL Exception: file : c:\work\rts\main\code\src\libs\gpggal\DeviceD3D9.cpp(189)
info: DialogBoxParam failed: Cannot find window class.

Try starting FA from steam. Seems like its missing some DirectX libraries

Will do. thx