The role of Player Councillor currently handles many different jobs and manages/controls a variety of important parts of FAF. I think that the community would be better served by splitting off some of those responsibilities to a new Matchmaker Councillor position (that would be elected separately).
The Matchmaker Councillor would:
- Organize and maintain the matchmaker map sheets and teams
- Decide what maps go in what pools
- Reliably update the map pools on schedule
- Decide what queues and options to implement in FAF's matchmaking system
- Survey and gauge player preferences for map pools and matchmaker options
- Adjust matchmakers and map pools based on player preferences and experiences to foster a fun and competitive atmosphere
Creating this elected position would allow users to vote specifically for the candidate with the best vision for matchmaking in FAF.
It would also allow the Player Councillor to better focus on his/her many other responsibilities to the betterment of FAF; increasing focus on things like tournaments, creating events, coordinating with developers, listening to and acting on player feedback, etc.
Thus, creating a new Matchmaker Councillor position would improve FAF's overall quality.