Steam linking error

Hi,
i have linked the Client with Steam, but everytime i try to start it, i get the following message: "Unfortunately, you must currently link your account to Steam in order to play Forged Alliance Forever. You can do so on https://www.faforever.com/account/link."

How can I fix this problem? When i try to link the client to steam again, i get the message that it is already linked.

From past experience with other users you most probably have more than 1 account and you are trying to login with the wrong one.
Is your client trying to auto-login? In that case, abort it and try to manually enter username and password.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

I was having the same issues and tried doing all sorts of things. Finally I did restart of the pc then went right through. I think maybe chrome was hanging on some cookies?