Option for Logarithmic Scaling in the score board

Hi Devs and Community,

as the normal line graph in the score board usually has an exponential scaling its basically not possible to analyse the first half of a game.

Especially for better players and ranked games you would be able to exactly see where you took someone over or been taken over. The stapled area chart is quite helpful, but it's not possible to exactly compare anything in a game with more than 2 players.

Therefore, I suggest to implement the option to activate logarithmic scaling in the y-axis.

Kind regards,
Unreal

Or else to just look at roughly ten minute sections of the game with the scaling being appropriate for that section.

log scaling sounds useful!

Now the question if this is behind some engine code we can't change or not..

It is all in Lua

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

While non-linear scale could be nice, what might be even nicer is if we had a way to "zoom in" on a particular part of the game timewise. Quick and dirty could be to have 2 fields in which the observer can input START and END time, and only that part of the graph is shown. A nicer one would be to have an actual timeline of sorts with 2 markers that you could slide around, and would serve the same purpose - to set the START and END time that is visible on the graph.

On a side note, any way we could make it so we skip the score screen entirely? I'd make it a non obligatory opt-out kind of deal - you can set somewhere in settings you do not wish to look at the score, and that step is simply skipped.

I'm open to someone improving the graph. People that are interested can contact me and I can help them setup and get started

With thanks to @maudlin27 we now have square root scaling (instead of logarithmic), see also:

You can find images as to how that looks like in the pull request at the bottom.

This is great. How do we use it, is it just a post game option?

It will be part of the next developers release, set for the 26th of August at the moment. That is in less than three weeks 🙂