Hover tanks for cybran?

The t2 hover spam is very strong against navy, specially t2. In lots of situations it is also stronger than t1 navy, cause frigs model is very big and the concentration of dps is much higher than frigs, shift g helps sometimes, but frigs are much less maneuverable than t2 tanks, and if there is sera arty with t2 tanks you can not just shift g. In small mapgen maps the agression is punished with hover spam pretty hard, cause whenever u rush early frig and win early navy and ur opp ecoes up, he will get t2 hover spam very fast and will probably hit you up, cause you will need a t2 navy to kill the base. Unless u do ur own hover to raid bases, but cybran does not have such an option. It is simetimes funny to spam wagners and try going under water, however they are useless against navy at all. Nothing they can do against t1 t2 ships. My suggestion would be to add such a function, that submerging wagners will become optional, and you will be able to surface them whenever needed. It would be nice feature for cybran.

Also Aeon and Sera hovers can not be countered from air that easy cause they have hover flaks, and aeon also has hover shields on t2 stage. So please also give such an option to cybran and would be nice to have wagners as both amphibious and hover.

Unfortunately the game engine cant allow wagners to surface from seabed as I understand it. Only option would be to let them float like engies I think.

чего аххахахахахахах

beetle should float like salem

@chenbro101 said in Hover tanks for cybran?:

Unfortunately the game engine cant allow wagners to surface from seabed as I understand it. Only option would be to let them float like engies I think.

Oh really? Sad, I thought it is supported by engine, cause there are units that can be submerged and surfaced, like Atlantis, sera destro, cybran t1 sub and sera t3 sub. However all of them are not hovers, u have right.

I guess the idea is that cybran have other advantages, like destroyers that can fight on water or land much like said hover units can.
Of course, it's not as good in practice as hover tanks or artillery (most of the time), but that's the idea, I believe.

That 'destroyers walk on land', combined with UEF getting naval jamming and cybran getting naval stealth, are, I suspect, the reason those factions don't get hover units/engineers. I believe that it's all supposed to balance out in the long run.

I'm not a terribly experienced player, so my struggles against jamming and stealth when it comes to destroyer+frigate combat might be simply a sign of my low skill; but I imagine that's the idea behind no hover T1 / flak. If I really, really wanted hover stuff in T1, I'd pick aeon or seraphim, and if I wanted the intel (and by extention, naval range) I'd pick cybran or UEF.

As it stands, I only pick random. I'd be very interested to watch replays/games where the lack of hover units hamstrings cybran, because I've not seen it so far, but totally believe that it happens, and would love to see examples to prepare me.
Do you have examples?

This post is deleted!