Is it possible to fade out DECALS?

Folks, I have some square decals that I have pasted down into my terrain and it looks a little too much like a sticker because its basically a square texture that looks stamped onto the map. Im wondering is it possible to soften/blur or fade the edges so it has a more natural feathered look that blends into the map?

You can do that in the texture of the decal

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

thanks Jip but I dont follow.......is that a function in the FAF Map Editor in the Decal section/tab? the only tools i see are up down left right, CAMS and cutoff distances....... Im not even sure what those options are supposed to do. Is there a quick guide maybe on this sight for advanced decal functions and how to use the tools in that tab?

Are you talking about custom decals? Can you share a screenshot of the decal in question?

Jip ill try to get a picture for you.....but basically its the stock decals that are in the FAF Map editor under the decals section when you hit the + to Place Decals. It brings up different menus like evergreen, tundra, desert, ect.... then you choose one of the decals and it loads into the tool and you place it on any section of your map. Some of the decals are square textures that have pebble tech or ground erosion textures in them.....when you place them they are fully square, I was wondering if there is any way to slice, or fade them or gradually feather them so they dont look so harsh.....Ill try to take a picture and post

![alt text](cef55449-e6fe-41d1-be73-bc7c55ffc3c1-image.png image url)

can i cut/or manipulate this shape in any way inside the editor other than the rotate, and enlarge tools?

To do that you have to edit the ectual image file of the decal. One channel is used as transparency. I don't know which off the top of my head, but it should be pretty obvious. You then have to save it as a new file and then load that into your map

It is usually the red channel that is used for transparency

And as an alternative you can try using other decals to hide the 'square-isch' of this decal by placing them over it