desyncs and patch versions

So I started a TMM game and it had a desync straight away.

AFTER THE GAME I noticed that the client was still downloading the new exe. There was a game patch recently, I didn't have it.

e27718ea-1ca1-47bb-8446-c42ffd93c20a-image.png

So my theory is TMM doesnt wait for upgrade downloads before launch.

Yeah, i had the same thing, i made a Github issue^^
The player should probably only be queued after he has all game files.

If you’re a guest in a party this is currently not possible to detect. It’s only possible for the leader.

Cant we just delay any queue joining on the client side if game files arent upt to date?

@katharsas said in desyncs and patch versions:

Cant we just delay any queue joining on the client side if game files arent upt to date?

Doesn't cover the problem if you already joined a queue and then a patch is deployed.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

Also the party leader is the one who queues and there currently is no way for party members to inform the leader if they are ready or not.

Can we simply block joining a party if game files are not up to date?

@Brutus5000 That would not happen very often at all, while right now it can affect anybody even long after the patch has been deployed.

Can we simply block joining a party if game files are not up to date?

Probably

@Brutus5000 That would not happen very often at all, while right now it can affect anybody even long after the patch has been deployed.

Well then this should not be tied to joining queues, but the client should download new game files after start.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
– Benno Rice

Or it could be tied to loading the TMM tab. That way you have needed game versions for any TMM related activity, but don't unnecessaily redownload version if for example you are just repeatedly testing with beta patch via custom games.

There is the cache to stop repeated downloads and the tmm tab is also the custom games tab so there is no separation

Oh didnt know about the cache, thats nice. Yeah in that case downloading it early should not be a problem.