Map is Broken, there is an Easy Fix, can't find Author, what do?

Title. But to be more complete, the map in Question is Battle for Azeroth. I find its a map with some potential for assymetrical world conquering style battles and some cool Phantom games.

But ever since I booted it up, I noticed that every time I set teams, they would never be preserved. Even when set by mods such as Phantom Game Mode. Causing the game to be always played in a FFA style.

A brief glimpse into the lua log displayed the culprit and it only took me a moment of peeking into the map editor and the map's script file to notice the problem:

local ScenarioUtils = import('/lua/sim/ScenarioUtilities.lua')
local ScenarioFramework = import('/lua/ScenarioFramework.lua')

function OnPopulate()
    ScenarioUtils.InitializeArmies()
    ScenarioFramework.SetPlayableArea('Area_1' , false)
end

function OnStart(scenario)
end

The actual Area_1 has been renamed in the Map to 'Playable' causing the script to bork when it can't find it. In short the fix is trivial to make the map work as normal again, just replacing Area_1 with Playable and voila, alliances work again.

local ScenarioUtils = import('/lua/sim/ScenarioUtilities.lua')
local ScenarioFramework = import('/lua/ScenarioFramework.lua')

function OnPopulate()
    ScenarioUtils.InitializeArmies()
    ScenarioFramework.SetPlayableArea('Playable' , false)
end

function OnStart(scenario)
end

However, I have not made the map and according to the map vault rules I should not reupload content I have not made. With this being the case, what follows? Should I login as often as possible to see if I can find the author Fr0st and PM him? Can I reach him in a more reliable way? Or can something be done to fix the map in some other way?

Shame because there aren't a lot of world conquering style maps out there, and having a broken one this cool looking with stereotypes and trash talk arsenals ready to roll is quite unfortunate.

Well, thanks for reading, and I'd appreciate any help on the matter, THKS! 😄

send an offine message through the client pm "thesetoner" with the command: !offlinemessage [name of player] [message] or leave a review on the map

Vault Admin / Creative Team / Map Guru

Join the FAF Creative discord and keep me informed of your progress in contacting the author.
If you can't; we'll discuss a workaround there instead.

link in my or Madmax' signature.

@MadMax said in Map is Broken, there is an Easy Fix, can't find Author, what do?:

send an offine message through the client pm "thesetoner" with the command: !offlinemessage [name of player] [message] or leave a review on the map

Alright sent the message, I'll wait and see if anything crops up over this week.

@biass said in Map is Broken, there is an Easy Fix, can't find Author, what do?:

Join the FAF Creative discord and keep me informed of your progress in contacting the author.
If you can't; we'll discuss a workaround there instead.

Noted, I'll join if Author is MIA.

Edit: if anyone is checking in on the situation I'm going to wait till 18th of January before I assume long term MIA.