Need to ADD Simple Defensive Structure to MAP

So I have been using the onozex map editor and its pretty easy to make custom maps however I am struggling with this simple concept.

I want to add Defensive Turret and AA that guards a certain area of the map and fires upon players that try to enter the area. I cant seem to figure out exact steps to place this defensive unit and have it appear when the map starts in this area

I am able to find and place the proper unit in the editor and I think I have properly grouped it as a civialian structure and/or enemy name in the group area but for some reason when i play test it, it doesnt appear on map when starting. Can someone walk me thru these steps in map editor how to place this properly?

thnx

are they in the initial group

Vault Admin / Creative Team / Map Guru

Yes I tried adding them int the initial group both under Civilian, and also under Enemy_17.....I tried different combos, and I dont see it on the map when I run the Play Test option.....

Maybe I just dont have the exact process down correct.....If possible, could you provide a couple screenshots of exactly the process I should follow to ensure I didnt miss something? Also, before I play test the map, do I need to save to a new version each time to ensure these little changes are in the playtest? I have also been doing that

Anything else I should be doing that I may have missed? Im pretty new to this....Do I need to add anything anywhere else to get this to work?......thnx

are you running the play option from the editor

YEs I am

don't do that it has issues try launching it through the client

ok got it thanks...I actually launched in game and it works....however I have another question......to save time, is it possible to copy an entire map that another author made and make these simple additions to it and save it and upload it as my own without issue?

I dont want to recreate the entire map just to add a few small changes......what is the process?

Finally, I want to add a large T4 Wreck to fight over on an area of the map, I believe this is a Prop you need to load and brush onto the map? I didnt see anything T4 related under resources wreckage to add to a map??? Am I missing something

@oncehandsome said in Need to ADD Simple Defensive Structure to MAP:

ok got it thanks...I actually launched in game and it works....however I have another question......to save time, is it possible to copy an entire map that another author made and make these simple additions to it and save it and upload it as my own without issue?

you can't do that without getting permission from the map author

wreckages need to be in a group called WRECKAGE
and the t4's are in the unit browser

03303f54-dc2a-4c15-8d75-077d17c85ce3-image.png

If I get the permission from the author that designed the map, what is the process? Or would i need to rebuild his entire map again as my NEW map?

When you say Wreckage needs to be in a new group called Wreckage, is that the same section where the Enemy 17 and Civilain groups aleardy ....so I just add the Wreckage group there and drag a T4 unit to group and it will start wrecked?

you need to contact the map maker and ask what map is your looking at?

@oncehandsome said in Need to ADD Simple Defensive Structure to MAP:

When you say Wreckage needs to be in a new group called Wreckage, is that the same section where the Enemy 17 and Civilain groups aleardy ....so I just add the Wreckage group there and drag a T4 unit to group and it will start wrecked?

yes

ok i mean once I get the permission and all, what is the workflow to copy an existing map, then make modifications and properly change it to my name and upload it?.....thanks

load the map in editor , make your modifications, change the name, use save as, then upload through the client same as any other map