Java Error on startup after update to 1.2.1

HI, just updated my FAF client to the latest version after being prompted to, unfortunately as soon as i start the client after update i get this error:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Exception in Application init method
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:895)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.lambda$launchApplication$2(LauncherImpl.java:195)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:832)
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/brutus5000/bireus/service/PatchEventListener
at java.base/java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:3215)
at java.base/java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:2435)
at org.springframework.boot.context.properties.ConfigurationPropertiesBindConstructorProvider.findConstructorBindingAnnotatedConstructor(ConfigurationPropertiesBindConstructorProvider.java:62)
at org.springframework.boot.context.properties.ConfigurationPropertiesBindConstructorProvider.getBindConstructor(ConfigurationPropertiesBindConstructorProvider.java:48)
at org.springframework.boot.context.properties.ConfigurationPropertiesBean$BindMethod.forType(ConfigurationPropertiesBean.java:311)
at org.springframework.boot.context.properties.ConfigurationPropertiesBeanDefinitionValidator.validate(ConfigurationPropertiesBeanDefinitionValidator.java:63)
at org.springframework.boot.context.properties.ConfigurationPropertiesBeanDefinitionValidator.postProcessBeanFactory(ConfigurationPropertiesBeanDefinitionValidator.java:45)
at org.springframework.context.support.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate.java:291)
at org.springframework.context.support.PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(PostProcessorRegistrationDelegate.java:175)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(AbstractApplicationContext.java:707)
at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:533)
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.refresh(SpringApplication.java:758)
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.refresh(SpringApplication.java:750)
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.refreshContext(SpringApplication.java:397)
at org.springframework.boot.SpringApplication.run(SpringApplication.java:315)
at org.springframework.boot.builder.SpringApplicationBuilder.run(SpringApplicationBuilder.java:140)
at com.faforever.client.FafClientApplication.init(FafClientApplication.java:93)
at com.sun.javafx.application.LauncherImpl.launchApplication1(LauncherImpl.java:824)
... 2 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.brutus5000.bireus.service.PatchEventListener
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.BuiltinClassLoader.loadClass(BuiltinClassLoader.java:602)
at java.base/jdk.internal.loader.ClassLoaders$AppClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoaders.java:178)
at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:522)
... 21 more

I have tried the following solutions:

• updated java.

• verified all files for Supreme Commander 1 and 2

• disabled antivirus and firewall

• deleted config file (as directed by a google search solution)

• reinstalled and downloaded the FAF client.

needless to say ive done a few things, but continue to receive this error.

if anyone could help that would be great

Thanks.

Looking at the error I am 100% sure that you have leftovers from a previous installation. Uninstall the client and manually delete everything that is left in the installation folder, then reinstall.

I don't know what causes this in the installer, but you are not the first user with this problem šŸ˜ž

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice

@Brutus5000 Thanks for the help! just did it and fixed!