Discussing the "rename rule"

@nuggets hello sir please pick one thing you enjoy in life and only do that one thing for the rest of your life.

Just to make sure this is not misunderstood: we did not ban a player permanently for name-impersonating. We only locked the account until the player contacted us to change their name to a new name, then changed the name and unlocked the account.

Also, in this particular case the two names in question were indistinguishable: the only difference between 'Deli' and 'DeIi' is that the latter doesn't use a lower-case L, but a capital-case i. That caused issues, and so we told the last player to change his name to pick another username.

"Design is an iterative process. The required number of iterations is one more than the number you have currently done. This is true at any point in time."

See all my projects:

@indexlibrorum said in Discussing the "rename rule":

Just to make sure this is not misunderstood: we did not ban a player permanently for name-impersonating. We only locked the account until the player contacted us to change their name to a new name, then changed the name and unlocked the account.

Also, in this particular case the two names in question were indistinguishable: the only difference between 'Deli' and 'DeIi' is that the latter doesn't use a lower-case L, but a capital-case i. That caused issues, and so we told the last player to change his name to pick another username.

First of all, we dont discuss moderation actions!! But if you are, please elaborate "that caused issues". Are you talking about the rule or the report?

I think everybody, or at least most people, understand what i meant. Doesn't change the fact that this rule (in my opinion) has no use case and is not enforced anywhere else (even in other small communities)

As with all the made up rules for the Forged Alliance Forever client, the rules apply to some but not to all.

In the case of this renaming rule debacle, take some of these current SNF clan members. The most active of these players have all changed their names to various other members, and not just the members from within the clan but outside the clan too. This is completely fine apparently.

According to my sources, it's fine because they are just "joking". My source being someone who has suffered the consequences of this bias rule

I stand with Nuggets in principle, that this rule is nonsensical essentially. I see 0 harm in renaming to someone else or similar. I mean how do you change your name to someone else's anyway when presumably the name is taken.

Everyone should be required to use their legal name on FAF. Stop using all your weird fake names.

@thomashiatt What's weird is that you're active in a forum for a game you don't play

Stop being disrespectful to one of the top FAFlive chatters, you toxic rat!

Disrespectful.

Laughing my f*ing a off 😂

If I could literally laugh my a** off right now, my a** would be laughed off.

OwO Attention, precious beans of our gaming family~! (*≧ω≦)ノ Remember, no pretending to be someone else, okay? Let's keep it real and cuddly~! giggles Thankies, darlings! ♡( ◡‿◡ )

Men. Downvote the man above me for what he said. That's what we got Tryth for!

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?