Cybran should have atleast 1 Hover Unit

I have just joined FAF and am really excited about the changes done to the game by this community even after the original developers stopped updating the game many years back.

I just had a small balance suggestion to make basis the 2 points highlighted below.

Point 1: All the factions (except Cybran) have hover unit and they are potentially able to support to some extent in Naval conflicts.

Point 2: Virtually all other category of vehicles in T1, T2 and T3 stages have minimum one or more units from any of the faction which are amphibious (except T3 Mobile Artillery and T2/3 Mobile Missile Launchers which are land locked for all 4 factions). I felt that having not a single amphibious T3 Mobile AA seemed bit odd looking at the general trend of units.

Considering Points 1 and 2 above, I felt that the Cybran Bouncer can perhaps be changed to Hover since it already has dual damage (Air and Ground).

Now since it has legs to make it compatible for Hover, graphically perhaps its legs can be withdrawn when it enters water (like Salem destroyer).

I hope the above suggestion is positively looked into for incorporating in one of the upcoming patches.

Hello there, welcome to FAF!

There was a discussion about cybran hover units a while back (https://forums.faforever.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14773) which may be interesting to read. A few of the arguments against were that it reduces faction diversity and that cybran units have a lot of strengths to make up for this (strong frigate, wagners being really good for raiding from water) as well as unique units elsewhere such as mobile stealth fields.

@Dreadhulk said in Cybran should have at least 1 Hover Unit:

Point 1: All the factions have hover unit as that really would be able to support them in Naval conflicts.

Really only Aeon and Sera, who have hover shields and flak. Aeon also has Absolvers but you don't see those often. Hover tanks and arty are pretty useless in a naval conflict unless you're trying to recover from a naval loss.

Cybran already has 2 significant tools to assist them in navy: far and away the best T1 frigate, and HARMS. Megalith is also essentially a submersible battleship with insane torpedoes and HP. I don't believe adding a hover unit would have much of an impact on their naval game.

Cybran has a t1 gunship as only faction.
U can kill hover with bombers, gunships and frigets 🙂

And why does Cybran need hover?

@Deribus said in Cybran should have atleast 1 Hover Unit:

@Dreadhulk said in Cybran should have at least 1 Hover Unit:

Point 1: All the factions (except Cybran) have hover unit as that really would be able to support them in Naval conflicts.

Really only Aeon and Sera, who have hover shields and flak. Aeon also has Absolvers but you don't see those often. Hover tanks and arty are pretty useless in a naval conflict unless you're trying to recover from a naval loss.

Cybran already has 2 significant tools to assist them in navy: far and away the best T1 frigate, and HARMS. Megalith is also essentially a submersible battleship with insane torpedoes and HP. I don't believe adding a hover unit would have much of an impact on their naval game.

I was actually trying to mean recover Naval loss; if somehow your factories are damage locked or destroyed there is no unit for Cybran to fall back on from Land which other factions do have.

@Dreadhulk said in Cybran should have atleast 1 Hover Unit:

I was actually trying to mean recover Naval loss; if somehow your factories are damage locked or destroyed there is no unit for Cybran to fall back on from Land which other factions do have.

• Torpedo ACU
  • Megalith
  • HARMS creep via nano regen SACUs
  • Building destroyers in another body of water and literally just walking them across

@Deribus none of those help in the Mid game (T2 stage)

Essentially for Cybran navy if enemy pushes you out at t2 stage you have no answer. Other factions can get by spamming enough random floaty balls that they can stall out, and sometimes even push back enough to get a fac up for frig spam which then buys time for t2.

There is literally no need for hover unit for Cybran. Not with the busted AF t1 navy they have. And I don't wanna see Trident nerfs just so people can get their hover added or w/e.