Need UI Mod? Let me know

@Exselsior you can make custom selection hotkeys yourself. Iirc you edit your game.prefs (make sure to backup first), and add your own selection under UserActions. There should be a modifier called +inview or +onscreen that you can append. I can look through my game prefs when I get home if you need more details.

@archsimkat nice thanks! I'll take a look at that

@exselsior said in Need UI Mod? Let me know:

@archsimkat nice thanks! I'll take a look at that

Look at Hotkeys Hotkey or sometjing innthe vault I describe tje process there

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

A UI mod like this one for casting:

https://youtu.be/uiv9mgXy5w8

The specific mod here is lost. As I understand Arkitect made it and is no longer responding to messages. A similar mod like this would be great for faflive/Gyle, etc. Maybe one of the beneficiary parties could even shell out a bit of money to make this happen.

I don't think that was a mod. It was a graphical overlay he made from recorded data or something.

yes it was this was done post edit from what i remember and was not a ingame Sim or Ui Mod

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

@archsimkat @ThomasHiatt @Rowey That overlay is very cool. It does appear to have been added to the video after it was recorded. But I wonder if it is technically feasible to make a mod with a similar kind of overlay that would appear in-game. So there would be a mod specifically to help with casting 1v1s (Or I guess it could show team stats if it's a multiplayer match).

The first issue is: could it be a UI mod, or would it have to be a SIM mod?

Can you have a UI mod that can see other players' mass/energy bars? If so, obviously it would be illegal to use that UI mod when you play competitive games. You could probably write the mod to only display the overlay when you're in observer mode, and to deactivate itself if you're not an observer. But that raises the question of whether someone could tweak the code so they could spy on their opponent's mass/energy bars. It would make it very easy to cheat if you just had to make minor edits using a text editor to a single Lua file in a UI mod and then: poof, undetectable cheating.

And if it's a SIM mod, can you play back a replay with a new SIM mod on, that wasn't present during the original match? Or would that cause desyncs?

If it's not going to be a game mod, then I think you would need to get recorded data from the game. I don't know if info from the replay parser would give you what you need (e.g. does replay parser show mass/energy bar values?)

Other ways to get that info:

(1) make a mod that outputs such info to a text file, e.g. every "tick" it outputs the mass/energy bar values to a text file

(2) watch the replay twice, once from the POV of player 1 and record video, once from the POV of player 2 and record video, then have a program parse the video itself to harvest information about the mass/power bars status.

(3) watch the video yourself, pause every second, and write down the info by hand.

(4) does SupCom itself have built-in debugging tools that make this kind of text output? That would be the best way I think. You would just watch the replay with the debug mode on. And then you'd have all the info you needed

@arma473 You can see the data the mod would require in the supreme score board. If that can access the data during the replay (as a UI mod), then this mod would be able to do the same.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip Not exactly. SSB doesn't show how full the mass/energy bars are. It doesn't show current amounts of mass/energy or current storage capacities. More info is needed than what SSB shows.

@arma473 said in Need UI Mod? Let me know:

ss/energy bars are. It doesn't show current amounts of mass/energy or current storage capacities. More info is needed than what

Then how do people always know that I am the one that has mass in storage.

I don't use SSB but the default scoreboard shows storage if you hover over the income values

@jip SSB shows different things if you are a participant in a match, an observer of a saved replay file, or observing a live replay

Also, showing the amount of mass you have in storage doesn't show the limits of your storage

It will only show the amount of mass in storage for a teammate. It never shows the amount of mass in storage for an enemy or when you are an observer

(And by "observer" i mean you start the match as an observer. I'm not counting players who die and are able to keep watching the game and communicating with their team)

Deribus is right - storage is available as an observer.

657df279-14b2-48fe-80eb-cd07d27fefe8-image.png

Adding more information (e.g., the maximum storage of a player) is just one PR away.

In lieu of a fancy new UI mod, fixing supreme scoreboard to work in live replay again would be greatly appreciated.

You can see how much mass and energy players have with supreme score board I believe

I searched around a little but and couldn't find an answer anywhere.

Is it possible to change what area select (click and drag) selects?

Specifically I'd like to be able to area select an army and have my sparkies be selected as part of the army, but this could so be extended to including/excluding buildings etc.

Alt+Drag to only select engineers would be really nice, with the ability to create additional modifiers (e.g. ctrl to select only air, ctrl+alt to select only navy etc).

A mod that highlights scouted enemy nukes, t3 arty, SMD and experimental buildings on the map.

@swkoll said in Need UI Mod? Let me know:

In lieu of a fancy new UI mod, fixing supreme scoreboard to work in live replay again would be greatly appreciated.

I missed this. I do not have the time to look into it, but is Hussar aware of it?