Need UI Mod? Let me know

Suggestion:

Make a short clickable pop up when the first t2 eng and the first t3 eng comes out of fab.

So in the heat of the battle, you do not forget that your t2 eng is moving across the map, because you were busy somewhere else. And missing the crucial step from t1 to t2 and t3 is almost game decision when you screw up.

I have a request for a mod: remove return fire as an option leaving only the ground fire attack option or whatever it's called. This way I can switch between the ground fire and hold fire with a single key press instead of having to also click through the return fire option which can lead to mistakes much more easily. Hopefully that makes sense or maybe someone knows a way to accomplish this without a mod.

@exselsior said in Need UI Mod? Let me know:

I have a request for a mod: remove return fire as an option leaving only the ground fire attack option or whatever it's called. This way I can switch between the ground fire and hold fire with a single key press instead of having to also click through the return fire option which can lead to mistakes much more easily. Hopefully that makes sense or maybe someone knows a way to accomplish this without a mod.

Or just make this an official part of the game. Why do we need "return fire" as an option at all, ever?

RIP the small suggestions thread.

I would like a mod that indicated if a bomber is ready to drop the next bomb. Im not exactly sure how i would want it to look but i am envisioning something similar to how the washer does it. Is this possible?

@spikeynoob said in Need UI Mod? Let me know:

I would like a mod that indicated if a bomber is ready to drop the next bomb. Im not exactly sure how i would want it to look but i am envisioning something similar to how the washer does it. Is this possible?

Would it be possible to put a circle around the bomber showing the approximate distance it would need to travel before it's ready to drop again? Like the circle around an engineer showing its build radius?

Then when we're picking targets we know we just pick a spot outside the circle for more or less a guaranteed drop without the need for another pass.

I understand the circle wouldn't be a perfectly-accurate thing because you'd have to calculate things like the ability of the bomber to turn, and how fast the bomber would be traveling because that affects where it drops the bomb to hit the target. But you could probably make a circle where 99.9% of everything outside the circle can be hit by the bomber without needing to fly past the target once and some of the things inside the circle can still be hit.

So the circle would shrink in size as the bomber makes progress towards loading the next bomb and the circle would be not shown at all when a bomb is loaded.

then separately put a circle around every target showing how far approximately the bomber would have to travel after dropping before it can drop again. This would make it pretty easy to queue up things like strats to target multiple mexes

Ask around, I'm sure such mod was already available for certain people.

@randomwheelchair The get rid of return fire mod or the bomber fire cycle indicator mod? Or both

Oh I didn't see the arma post. I meant the bomber one. I saw it working but as for where to download it, one would have to ask around as I'm not sure if I can point to the people who were working on it.

As for how it looked it? It simply replaced the fuel bar and instead it was a reload bar.

That sounds perfect for how it looks, I don't remember the last time I had an out of fuel bomber anyway. I guess I'll dig around and see if I can find it somewhere since I want that as well and keep trying to find a way to accomplish what I want with getting around return fire or w/e it's called

Locked by request from Dragun, who is too busy to take up more projects.