Need UI Mod? Let me know

@Deribus

I'll look into it. Deribus you on Deribus on discord?

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

Properly be shooting you a pm in an hour or so. So we can talk and get a clear idea of what you want.

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

dunno if possible but kyro's lobby would be a great choice to be upgraded or at least compatible with downlords

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

@Resistance said in Need UI Mod? Let me know:

at least compatible with downlords

That doesn't make any sense, kyros lobby is about the lobby so the game code. Which is completely independent from the client.

ah,i heard from people that their client breaks when they install it,guess it's on their end then

I have a mod idea, which can be usefull for everyone. Something like "scouting overlay" - just draw transparent decal with specific texture after 30-60-120-240 seconds of not scouting an area. You can just break map in 50x50 pixel chunks and if scouting plane (t1/t3) was around that square in last 1 secod (10 ticks) (something like if (centerX - 1.5 scout rarar/vision range < planeX < centerX + 1.5 scout rarar/vision range) && (same for Z) square[] = scoutedTimesamp()). And render new decal each 10-30 seconds.

This will make remembering to scout specific spots periodically way more useful.
Mod will not be 'cheaty' cause its better UI 😃

While possibly not impossible its not a mod. I want to do. It’ll be more than a tad hard to code. And given my level or ability. If I did code it. Rip SIM Speed.

Also I feel having to say its not a cheat mod is not the most confidence inducing honesty. I’ll atleast take a look. But I got several projects line up right now. In addition to scta things. After I do Deribus, Archi and some other requests.

I can look into this

@Dragun101 said in Need UI Mod? Let me know:

While possibly not impossible its not a mod. I want to do. It’ll be more than a tad hard to code. And given my level or ability. If I did code it. Rip SIM Speed.

Also I feel having to say its not a cheat mod is not the most confidence inducing honesty. I’ll atleast take a look. But I got several projects line up right now. In addition to scta things. After I do Deribus, Archi and some other requests.

I can look into this

Nah, check can be done once in 5-10 seconds, it can be made reasonably fast. Y can check only scout planes, and usually there is not a ton of them in game.

I'd love a mod that makes players on a team all have similar colours if possible please. So Team one would be light blue, dark blue, light green, dark green, turquoise and team 2 would be red, dark red, pink, orange, yellow for instance.

I get so confused in team games and the built-in option turns the entire team the exact same colour which creates its own problems.

In case it's relevant I use this icon mod already so please only spend time on it if they would work together. https://wiki.faforever.com/index.php?title=Advanced_Strategic_Icons

Deribus beta mod is done be upload and up on vault in by Saturday Evening if you want the beta version let me know. I have a few more mods next on my plate I'll be doing. Requested by some other users, better economy warnings when stalling and a mod that summarizes enemy eco and otherwise based on known information

@Dragun101 said in Need UI Mod? Let me know:

a mod that summarizes enemy eco and otherwise based on known information

That one sounds pretty cheaty. I'd run that by @biass before making it.

Its only avaliable information to the player. Basically like Supreme Economy it counts the enemy mexes for example you see or scouted and determines income.

Yeah I understand that part, but I still think it's too cheaty. However it's not my call to make which is why I said to talk to Biass

@Resistance lobby.txt

This isn't perfect, but I updated kyro's for UI scaling, and few other things that didn't work. It still has issues though which I cannot fix, such as colors not always assigning correctly. Works fine for me otherwise. You will have to rename it from txt to lua since it wouldn't let me upload it otherwise.

@macdeffy ah thank you,can you also send me a downloadable link since the old forum is down?
find me here-Resistance†#1630(discord)

Hey @Dragun101, is it possible to add a mod or edit this mod to create hotkeys that cycle through these icons that appear when you have a unit selected: a185727d-41b5-4b48-9eba-a436d8626866-image.png

And preferably these icons if it's an ACU/SACU: 52fdd21a-0212-4e00-904d-663c06207a97-image.png

This will mostly just allow quicker upgrades, so perhaps just making bindable hotkeys for various upgrades would also be good?

Possible yes.
Doable? Easier said than done. Also Prize you on Discord?

@Dragun101 Yup "Sir Prize#9720"

UI mod idea: a patrol that does not make unit follow enemy units. so basicly move orders instead of attack-move-orders.
uses:

1. autododge mmls, t1 arty and maybe other things, (frigate vs arty vs bomber vs mmls for example)
  2. ASFS and inties don't chase enemy units to enemy AA
  3. maybe other cases when you want to have units follow certain move orders and not diverge from them to chase random stuff

Could be implemented by clicking move orders and then pressing certain hotkey to make it into patrol or making a patrol and pressing hotkey and turining it into a non agressive patrol

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd