Ahwassa seems useless

@FtXCommando Sorry mate, didn't mean to shitpost.

My suggestion was to make it something other than a glorified Mercy. Obviously that footage doesn't exist. Just a lot of footage of it being a glorified Mercy. Conceptual changes won't be supported by statistical analysis.

Based on your response, compared to everyone else's, I probably won't post again. Again, thank you for the work that you do. And thanks to everyone else for constructive responses. Feel free to close and/or delete this thread.

I just got the perfect counter example replay of it: #13347277
if desynced you can also watch me screaming in disbelief how crazy it was (Fun starts at 3:22h): https://www.twitch.tv/videos/832598185
Yes I got incredibly lucky there that my opponent misplaced his air big time. But there is a window on setons usually min 20-30 where ahwassah is incredibly strong.

@harzer99 Hahaha, touche! That was epic.
Thanks for the shout out ... Lmao! X-D

Ahwassa is best bomber in all of FAF - drops basically a nuke and shoots down ASF too.

I'd argue that the ahwassa has a lot of utility outside of just being a glorified mercy, (unlike the czar which it's only utility is landing on top your base and smothering it to death) the ahwassa is super quick which allows it to be used as a hit and run bomber. It can also run quite a distance before ASF catches up which means that half of the time it will get back to your AA and be safe or in the best scenario, have an air fight on your side of the map over your AA, creating a delicious reclaim field that the other team can't use.

The ahwassa is very powerful if properly microed. It has a ground fire radius so large and lenient that it can almost ground fire behind itself and completely sideways is very easy to do. The AOE is insane which is it's best quality, not it's ability to break shielded bases or kill things with lots of hp such as other t4s. The Ahwassa has one purpose and that is to completely destroy unshielded bases and t3 armies/navies with one bomb, then quickly get back to safety.
https://giphy.com/gifs/Y5zSWHBy4KxRASker0
Multiple ahwassahs will break a heavily shielded base but that mass is usually better spent elsewhere and if it fails then you have just donated what's equivalent to a game ender worth of mass in their base

I use the ahwassa quite often (relativly speaking) and often to great effect. I find that although its a little frustraiting how poorly it does against shields, the main limiting factor is how easy it dies to even moderage amounts of AA.
This kinda tells you of its intended role, its not a base destroyer. It wont work against areas with lots of shields amd SAMs. But everywhere else? a single bomb drop is enough to shut down almost any army.

@FtXCommando If people had to provide a game showcases every discussion, then nothing would get discussed as half the crap on here is theory crafting and not so obviously broken that a replay will suffice to show anything. Asking for a replay, in all but very specific cases is just meme tier.

If i wanna argue that aurora should have 5 more hp replay's wont be helpful.

That being said I think Ahwassa is in a very good place. It is very strong with its ctrl k nad a great game end killer or SMD killer. It is sufficiently expensive as well and acts as a more reliable alternative to TELE SACU. It also provides great functionality at killing navy clumps.

However, it does feel a bit too strong and cheap, in that no shield combination bar Bubble SACU will stop it from killing your para. But then I wouldn't say that is imba, as the player shoulda built more Air and SAMS and less para 🐷

What a coincidence, 80% of the stuff here should be removed regardless. Almost like the intent of the rule is finding a problem actually exists. Instead we’re here discussing why asswasher is not underpowered because a guy that mostly plays ai games probably can’t automatically break bases with it.

@Psions You can ignore FtXCommando in this subforum

His opinion almost newer differs from theme to theme. He don't provide valuable arguments either. Probably he sees many of things too obvious to explain.

Thread locked due to the opening post not meeting our new Balance Discussion guidelines.

If you'd like the post unlocked for further discussion, please message me or another mod with what changes you'd like to make so that it conforms to our guidelines.