@brutus5000 said in Supreme Commander remaster is possible!:
- According to Chris Taylor Supreme Commander costs where over 10 million USD in 2006! You won't get far with 1 million USD today.
Yes, you are right about everything. But let me add some positive points.
yes, 1 million dollars to port SCFA to another engine is not enough if we mean the US/Canada. And if we consider the CIS countries, then the developers there receive less remuneration and I believe that there is a chance to raise a sufficient amount for the kickstarter (Planetary Anihilation raised 2 million on the kickstarter). HORU developers from Ukraine. It will reduce development cost.
@brutus5000 said in Supreme Commander remaster is possible!
- People who play today, are mostly happy with the game. A remaster will not attract many new players. The game is difficult, the story is lame, the game mechanics are mostly unsuitable for esports. We have roughly 20.000 monthly players. They'd all need to spend 50$ so we end up with a million
if you don't try you won't know)
I'm not saying it will work 100%, but I think there is a chance.
What do I need to be successful:
- If models, textures, maps, sounds, etc. belong to Nordic Games, it is necessary to conclude a mutually beneficial agreement with them for the use of game resources in the remaster.
- Transfer development to countries where developer time costs less. Find a strong development team.
- Make evaluation of the project.
- Launch a kickstarter company. If you fail to rise the required amount, then distribute the money back to the bakers.
If we fail, we have NOTHING to lose