Aeon Gun ACU

Anybody know what hole in the Aeon roster is supposed to be filled by Aeon having the only gun ACU that makes it so that 2 factions in the game don’t have a t3 land solution to an overextending ACU?

Terrible t2 land? Nope, either 2nd best or the best depending on the map.

Terrible ACU survivability? Nope, first shield is extremely strong especially since it can be impossible to keep in range of Aeon ACU when it’s down and ACU v ACU it’ll recharge again even if you are in range.

Honestly I don’t even care if it is still larger than tradition guns due to needing 2 upgrades, but it should be like 32 over traditional 30 range so percy and brick can actually stop solo king Aeon push.

I hear Janus cannot be stopped by Aeon Gun

Another nice thing is that this would encourage viability of mongoose and hoplite against the designated faction they were supposed to be specialized against since that faction also coincidentally has the only ACU that automatically hardcounters them due to superior range. I guess hoplite technically has a little extra range but not having shields means they need to be babysat against OC much harder than mongoose so the margins for error are vastly smaller.

The more 1v1 centered argument of the bots being decent in areas away from ACUs also holds way less water since nowadays Aeon is probably the faction most encouraged to go t2 due to having an extremely cheap yet quick t2 unit that can traverse the map so those units also lost viability there.

Percies? Bricks? What are those? I thought you were only supposed to make titans and loyalists

@phong reject titans and loyalists, embrace mech marines and hunters.

I can't even reject percies, I just make those instead of fattys and then cry when a GC shows up. Probably why I'm still so shit at the game.

@phong repent my brother, we make Aeon Gun Chrono and OC the GC into submission. For allah.

For the princess

@phong Maybe if we buff UEF again she'll dm us back : (

Hear me out: UEF sniper-tanks. Problem solved.

@phong Buff novax, I need muh lasers to autowin!!!

Now you're just being cancerous. Next you're gonna suggest buffing the Atlantis and giving it a deck gun

@phong No no no, Buff Snoops to allow them to counter-raid LABs!!!

Hey can anyone justify why Billie nuke needs to be so absurdly overpowered?

It can destroy whole bases, deny pushes well into the super-late game, deny experimental wrecks, and force the enemy to build large amounts of tmd all over the place. All of this from the comfortable range of half the map away.

The risk is virtually nil, compared to either Chrono, splash gun or cloak laser, and even that risk is mitigated by having access to t3 engineering suite.

the one time mods removing forum comments for offtopic is actually justified

seems accurate.

The embodiment of depression...

@phong said in Aeon Gun ACU:

Hey can anyone justify why Billie nuke needs to be so absurdly overpowered?

It can destroy whole bases, deny pushes well into the super-late game, deny experimental wrecks, and force the enemy to build large amounts of tmd all over the place. All of this from the comfortable range of half the map away.

The risk is virtually nil, compared to either Chrono, splash gun or cloak laser, and even that risk is mitigated by having access to t3 engineering suite.

• By the time you have billy, every base's perimeter can easily afford a couple TMDs.
  • Mobile shields mitigate a LOT of Billy's damage, you'll seriously damage stuff in the inner ring but that's it.
  • It doesn't do shit against experimentals.
  • It doesn't do shit against most exp wrecks either since comparatively low damage, and every faction can do it 10 times better with TML batteries.
  • It's not available 10 minutes into the game.
  • It COSTS RESOURCES to build each and every missile, and not a trivial amount.

I assume this is trolling, but still.

@mazornoob those are all very good points. but does it NEED to be this strong? Sure i might've exaggerated the strength a bit but then again, I never claimed that, for instance, an overextended aeon gun ACU is a problem with 'no solutions' for two of the game's factions at the late t3 land stage.

Notice how crafty this manner of presenting an argument is? Suddenly I, who should be justifying changes to the balance, providing examples, replays illustrating the problem, etc, I am now the one asking for proof, for keeping it as it is.

I learned that trick from FTX. He sure knows his way with words, doesn't he?

Alright, you bothered me enough with your garbage posting.

There are two ways to make a viable ACU upgrade: either it (1) answers a problem proposed by the baseline gameplay of ACUs or (2) it solves a weakness in a faction roster

Sera resto field sees use because it give’s survivability to a mid game push to a faction that gets their survivability option at t3 stage. Sera nano is more expensive and therefore better because their other midgame survivability option for a push is to facetank with ACU so that the handful of ilshies and legion of zthuees are unimpacted by enemy long range fire + ACU.

Sera double nano and double gun are no longer “good” because they answered an old problem: sera t3 stage being horrible and them needing something to hold the line until t4s can get churned out. Or being a more extreme facetank for their terrible othuums. Now sera t3 stage is quite solid so the upgrades are simply “fun” rather than an interesting choice to consider.

Billy answers a UEF problem of dealing with a t4 push combined with t3 support. You billy the t4, support dies, now the percies solve the t4 problem.

Cybran stealth was buffed to become an answer to (1) because Cybran ACU had no way to compete with every other faction in mid game survivability. Now their stealth upgrade went from simply being a unique tool to being a solution to (1) with a unique flavor, same as UEF nano or Aeon shield.

Aeon gun range was unique because Aeon t2 stage used to be horrible. Their ACU was solving (2) by becoming their t2 stage answer and it was up to the Aeon player to build up an advantage at t1 stage to then be able to quickly transition to their extremely strong early t3 stage for a snowball.

Now Aeon t2 stage is extremely good. Now their unique ACU doesn’t solve a problem, it creates one for every other faction. There is no hole in their roster that the ACU upgrade fills it just makes a strong stage of their game into an oppressive stage.

Now could you find another thread to ruin with pointless garbage so I can read an actually thoughtful post? I guess it was my fault for assuming I didn’t need to spoonfeed basic game interaction, but it is a public FAF discussion so my bad.

@ftxcommando I unironically found this post a lot more convincing and well argued than the OP. For the record, I'm not too attached to the current balance, not in this case and not in general, unless I think a proposed change would impact new player retention.

If you feel this strongly about garbage posting though, you must have a good reason for shitting all over the chrono thread, unprompted. Were you trying to preempt bad arguments by aeon fans?