Aeon Gun ACU

Making t2 pd cheaper buffs impulse defense which is already too strong in FAF and buffing t2 ACU does 0 to address the reality that Aeon ACU uniquely hard counters any land unit that does not have a sniper tag.

Cybran is the ACU that least benefits from having larger range as it has no real late t2 upgrade that buffs them nor any way to supplement the fact they are currently the weakest t2 stage. Arguing UEF should have a range upgrade is about as incoherent and cancerous as explaining why Aeon needs it. These are the best 2 t2 stages of the game, neither faction needs something that makes a strong segment of their game into an oppressive one.

All the faction lore logic is BS anyway. Cybran hoplite has more range and alpha than mongoose. They're the sneaky raid faction so their ACU would get the ability to do sneaky-free damage yet also be easy to catch out of position due to having no shields at all to act as an hp dump.

@ftxcommando said in Aeon Gun ACU:

I’d rather Cybran have such an upgrade than Aeon, even with it making telemazor more cancer.

Well I'm personally all for it considering Cybran been getting the short end of stick for quite a while and is still lacking in offensive T2 acu options. But my problem lies in how will the community react to outright removing the range from aeon ACU. Which might be a little bit too drastic of a change.

That's why for now I would rather see the aeon gun split into 3 parts of DPS + Normal range + Sniper upgrade. With the sniper upgrade branching out from the range upgrade.

I like the idea of the sniper range buff being split off into a 3rd upgrade. As it is, getting the two upgrades is super cheap compared to the counter as someone else already did the math. Though let me add 1 t2 PD is often not enough, so realistically you need to spend 3x or even more in mass than the upgrades to counter it effectively. I routinely push through 3 t2 PD with the Aeon com.

@xiaomao said in Aeon Gun ACU:

But my problem lies in how will the community react

2b02693d-056d-4c21-b359-aaa1a4f27b44-image.png

don't really see a problem with their guncom besides having a beyond broken chrono, shield is nice to be offensive and works great if you want to be volatile on the ground, kiting isn't too bad and it comes with a huge tax in a form of apm, mid and late game also comes down to gc being ignored for no reason whatsoever for 1 year by now.
can't see aeon guncom broken late game as well and i'd call it pretty garbage considering that:
1)uef has BaD bIlly NuKe that will surely not whipe a 10k investment randomly
2)sera has a small 50k hp buff and pretty good double gun to play vs land and some exps
3)cyb is just garbage but still gets access to cloak+lazer that can be brutal
aeon has +4 range, cool. (no chrono involved or banned from lobbies)

anything smaller than 3v3 can probably be facing the unstoppable aeon gun com but it's more of a powerspike that you should be at least trying to counter, it's also a combination of aeon having probably the most cost-efficient land in the meta that is also contributing to indirect guncom buff since it gives you access to cheap mobile shields

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

Apm tax doesn’t even make sense because Aeon has both a late t1/early t2 hp upgrade and their choice of 2 flavors of late t2 survivability upgrades.

Sera double gun requires 5 t2 pgens of energy. Billy requires 2 t3 pgens. Cloak requires 1 t3 pgen.

You’re right that all of those also handle t3 spam. Funny how the Aeon variant is built on 20 t1 pgens, though.

How do you account for the trash T1 stage until guncom?

@unknow said in Aeon Gun ACU:

How do you account for the trash T1 stage until guncom?

The weakness of aurora being too slow to control more open maps is addressed by both the buff to their labs and blazes.

If the argument is that Aeon needs super gun ACU because aurora feels the pain of enemy gun ACUs the most, that’s just an incentive for Aeon to move the game forward once the t1 stage has run its course for them.

Sera doesn’t need a 35 range gun to keep gun ACUs away from their ilshies at t2 stage even though the logic is just the same.

Trash t1 lol

Colossus lol

Instead of moving range gun to cybran, we should just delete it from the game, thanks

profile picture credits to petric

I believe someone else mentioned it already, but, why not reduce the range upgrade's... well... range?
Then make a separate upgrade that continues off that branch to grab the extra range.

Yes, that would mean the Speed and current Range upgrades would have to be adjusted
to accommodate a 3rd upgrade, but, that seems like the best option recommended, so far.

If I may, here are my thoughts on how it could work best.

Speed Upgrade:
Mass: 500 -> 450

Range Upgrade:
Range: 35 -> 30
Mass: 500 -> 450

Extended Range Upgrade (new):
Range: 30 -> 35
Mass: 300

This means the total mass required for all upgrades increases from 1,000 to 1,200.
Only 200 extra mass is required.
Not to mention the extra build time, and energy required to gather an extra upgrade.

I see this as the best answer to both worlds as it reduces the effectiveness of the range
without needing to remove or alter it drastically.
And it's still cheap enough to obtain without a massive drawback.

To make it more even, all three upgrades could be set to 400 mass,
this way it still comes out to 1,200 mass total.

These are just my two cents on this.
Granted, these values should be adjusted - as what works on paper, doesn't necessarily work in-game.

That being said, there are more ways to keep something working without having to rework it
completely or drastically change as others may have mentioned.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The problem is that the advantage of this range upgrade is way bigger than just poultry 200 mass, even 400 mass is still dirt cheap cheap considering your acu now outranges basically anything that can threaten it. Even in early t3 stage.

Why do people propose making a third gun upgrade before actually giving a reason for Aeon to have a 35 gun in the first place

Aeon double gun is brutally broken in a lot of situations. The problem is that any unit that has high range should be slower than units with low range, such that there's a range/speed tradeoff. Now acus have the same speed and one just has more range than the other so there's practically no counterplay.

Also gun acu is just broken to begin with, imo increasing OC energy cost (and buffing e storage capacity) is the first step.

Oc should cost 450 e

just remove the range upgrade for aeon or just making it cost a lot lot lot more in terms of mass and e

Developer for LOUD Project | https://discord.gg/DfWXMg9
AI Development FAF Discord | https://discord.gg/ChRfhB3
AI Developer for FAF

Community Manager for FAF
Member of the FAF Association
FAF Developer

that'll cause commotion amongst the noobs "wow this is such a small range increase why did i pay 3000 mass and 100000 energy for this???" followed by eternal complaining to the balance team

just delete it from the game gg ez solution

profile picture credits to petric

we should make the UEF ACU gun upgrade the same as the rest of them while we are at it, then it's fair

@comradestryker said in Aeon Gun ACU:

If anything, it's the UEF that should have the range over all other ACUs - and I'm not trying to be biased here.
The point of UEF is to have Alpha damage and Range with their units, no?
For example, the Percy, and the Summit.
Why shouldn't the UEF ACU be any different? It already deals 200 damage per shot.
It probably wouldn't be that difficult to dodge either, considering it would only have half of the firerate as all other ACUs do.
Sniper UEF ACU woudn't be anywhere near as powerfull as an Aeon Sniper ACU.
Well... minus the nano, but it's a crappy version of the nano, anyway.
It wouldn't take much to overwhelm.

Cracked. UEF sniper com with nano. Perfectly balanced; what could go wrong?

@rezy-noob said in Aeon Gun ACU:

don't really see a problem with their guncom besides having a beyond broken chrono, shield is nice to be offensive and works great if you want to be volatile on the ground, kiting isn't too bad and it comes with a huge tax in a form of apm, mid and late game also comes down to gc being ignored for no reason whatsoever for 1 year by now.
can't see aeon guncom broken late game as well and i'd call it pretty garbage considering that:
1)uef has BaD bIlly NuKe that will surely not whipe a 10k investment randomly
2)sera has a small 50k hp buff and pretty good double gun to play vs land and some exps
3)cyb is just garbage but still gets access to cloak+lazer that can be brutal
aeon has +4 range, cool. (no chrono involved or banned from lobbies)
anything smaller than 3v3 can probably be facing the unstoppable aeon gun com but it's more of a powerspike that you should be at least trying to counter, it's also a combination of aeon having probably the most cost-efficient land in the meta that is also contributing to indirect guncom buff since it gives you access to cheap mobile shields

All true and everyone saying otherwise just can't handle it.