Different icon for drone engineers

Problem:

It is not clear what engineers' icons are drones and which ones are land ones.

Solution:

Change the icon for the eng drones just a bit, so it is easier to spot the difference in one glance.

Example: Image of the problem: - What is what here?

alt text

I never had problems selecting engineers since they dont constantly move. But you would need a video for that...

I think you could change them so they have air icon with engineer symbol in it maybe (because theyre a flying unit after all)

Yes, one tiny additional air icon would be a great "fix" for this.

The icon doesnt exist

Select the UEF commander and select the drones from his UI.

Why wont you ask the mod author to make it? Since you're already using icon mod.

Has to be a game patch to change the blueprint to use a separate icon from engineers. Same as was done for SACUs a while ago.

I think he’d need to change BP file strategic icon reference Speed. Also if this done for UEF shoulder Drones they should be done for Kennel Drones and SACU Drones too tbf

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

I wonder what FAF devs think about, for example different icon for ACU and SACU, so ACU cant hide in that cancer

allowed?

@ZeRen said in Different icon for drone engineers:

I wonder what FAF devs think about, for example different icon for ACU and SACU, so ACU cant hide in that cancer

allowed?

talked to balance team about it. We had some example of different possible icons, they would prefer something that is way different than current icon for sacu.
I might do a "tourney" to grab the best looking icon at some point.

Bot - engineer - tech3 ?
aztvn-9zjat.png

yes i think that was what marlo (or whoever is the guy in the mod discord) made. Iirc, they weren't hyped, but i will try to talk about it in the next balance team meeting

@keyser said in Different icon for drone engineers:

@ZeRen said in Different icon for drone engineers:

allowed?

talked to balance team about it. We had some example of different possible icons, they would prefer something that is way different than current icon for sacu.
I might do a "tourney" to grab the best looking icon at some point.

well...πŸ˜€ I already using one😁

ACU:
icon_acu_z_rest.png

SACU:
Screenshot from 2020-11-22 19-38-53.png