Tactical missile launchers

@hakkapeliitta said in Tactical missile launchers:

cheap to build and very, very effective.

I would argue the opposite for tmd, aeon range is terrible forcing you to build more and uef tmd is also terrible, in a recent game i watched my single tml get through uef tmd because its so slow, not to mention the cybran missiles that fracture needing about 3 times as much tmd.

and yes a single tmd might be cheap but consider the cost of protecting every mex on a map where your stuff is spread out it takes a long time to get those protected and in previous games costs about 5k mass so not that cheap.

to have a TML reach every enemy mex you have to build it in an exposed and easily destroyed position

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

@caliber said in Tactical missile launchers:

uef tmd is also terrible, in a recent game i watched my single tml get through uef tmd because its so slow

Replay ID and timestamp please

@cheeseberry said in Tactical missile launchers:

Replay ID and timestamp please

minute 12.30

although i think the main reason was rushed/poor positioning from the user as uef tmd takes 2 shots to kill a missile and was only able to get a single shot off which is why they kinda suck

killed about 6.5k mass and forced them to spend over 3k mass in tmd

@caliber said in Tactical missile launchers:

minute 12.30

although i think the main reason was rushed/poor positioning from the user

Fascinating that the mex wasn't covered by the tmd.

as uef tmd takes 2 shots to kill a missile and was only able to get a single shot off which is why they kinda suck

All non-aeon tmd takes two shots to kill a TML missile. The main reason why uef tmd had the title as "worst tmd" in the past was that their slow projectile speed made them much more likely to overkill missiles.

Due to the tmd changes a while ago overkilling missiles is no longer a thing though, so while UEF tmd is still probably the worst of the non-aeon ones, it's barely noticeable now.

Just to make sure I'm not full of BS, here is the area of safety a tmd provides against a sera TML (tested today in 19383985).

UEF TMD:
Screenshot_116.png

Cybran TMD:
Screenshot_117.png

AEON TMD:
Screenshot_118.png

(too lazy to test sera tmd too)

I wouldn't overthink those exact profiles, they vary a bit depending on terrain and exact placement. Also I just spam clicked a single tml on +20 game speed until storages stopped dying, which isn't the most systematic way of testing.

But in short: All TMDs are surprisingly bad at their job, although at least uef isn't uniquely bad at that.

What really surprised me is how close you can get to kill something right in front of the tmd. Nobody is really exploiting that, but they probably should xd

Cheese tou saying tmd fsil to stop tmls?

Or well 1 TML > 1 TMD?

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

I think TML is fine for the most part. It's one of the major reasons you need to keep your opponent scouted besides just knowing what they're doing. My only complaint is that it kills the wreck of a t2 mex as well. That's the only part that seems a tad OP.

@dragun101 said in Tactical missile launchers:

Cheese tou saying tmd fsil to stop tmls?

Basically anything build infront of a tmd but still in range is not fully protected unless you are either aeon or have build multiple tmd

You meant in front in the front half tmd defensive circle?

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

@dragun101 said in Tactical missile launchers:

You meant in front in the front half tmd defensive circle?

Yes