This is a guide for AI Wave Survival, a mod that turns any map into a survival map. The mod can spawn waves of land, air, and navy units. It works with unit packs, such as BlackOps, Total Mayhem, and should work with most others. Features boss units, special units for defenders, and endgame events.
IMPORTANT: The mod often DESYNCS immediately after starting. This is a FALSE DESYNC and can be ignored. It should not affect the gameplay.
To Play: Set at least one AI as its own team. More than one AI can be on the team, though only one AI will spawn with HQ that spawns the waves of units. Set Humans to another team. Make sure in Map Options that Civilians are set to “Default” or the mod won’t work. Recommended that AI Unit Cap be set to 2000.
- Mod has been primarily tested with Uveso AI, which is the recommended AI to use. Using a different AI can result in different Wave Behavior. For example, M27 AI often holds waves back until it has overwhelming forces.
- The smallest team will get control of the HQ and the waves that it spawns. This means when playing verse AI, if there are more AI’s than Humans, a Human player will get control of the HQ. AI’s can also be put on the Human team to increase player count or play with the Humans vs the waves.
- Mod can be played Human vs Human. The smaller team will receive control of the HQ and the waves. Or games can be set with a single AI that generates the waves with two teams of Humans who must fight each other and the waves.
- If wishing to play 1 vs 1 and the HQ accidentally spawns with the wrong player, try moving spawn positions or swapping the spawn slots.
- If playing Human vs Human, turn off the Nuke Waves, as they will target the player who controls the HQ. Or the Nuke Waves can be kept on, forcing the Human HQ Player to have to win before the Nukes spawn and eliminate them.
UEF RACE On/Off, CYBRAN RACE On/Off, AEON RACE On/Off, SERAPHIM RACE On/Off, NOMADS RACE On/Off:
- Sets what races will spawn in waves. Any combination of races can be set. Nomads is supported, but as Nomads is no longer being updated, some bugs/crashes have been reported when using.
- Continuous Waves: Runs a script that forces spawned units to attack all players, fairly equally. Waves will attack even rear players, storming through other players’ bases to reach. Plays like a regular survival.
- Aggressive Air/Navy: Air and Naval units will spread out, then attack nearby units instead of trying to reach their original target. Air waves are especially devastating and dedicated air players are needed.
- AI Controlled: Disables above script and lets AI control waves as it sees fit. Different AI’s will use units how they are programmed. Usually AI’s will horde units until they have overwhelming force. This option can be used to give “reinforcements” to AI players, making them more aggressive and dangerous. M27 AI is especially challenging with the mod and small numbers of reinforcements.
Win Condition, 0 = Kill HQ:
Sets if a team can win by either holding a set amount of time or having to kill the HQ to win. Time is in minutes that team must hold the Final Stage, after Hold Time has ended. Setting to 0 disables and team must kill HQ to win.
AI Base Building On/Off:
- BaseBuilding On: AI will build base and units. Can attack with any units it builds before Build Time ends.
- BaseBuilding Off: AI ACU will self-destruct after game starts, preventing Base Building. Only kills AI that has HQ. Helps to improve sim speed and waves are not obstructed by base buildings.
1. Build Time (mins):
- Set the Waves Start Time(mins).
2. Delay between Waves (mins):
- Sets delay between Waves (mins). Very big waves need longer delay or may not spawn.
3. Hold Until (mins):
- Sets hold time until Finale Stage begins. Waves tech up based on a percentage of Hold Time. Shorter games will see stronger units sooner. Longer games, slower tech progression. Mod has been balanced for 30 to 35 minute Hold Times.
3b: Single Wave Break:
- Creates a break in waves at 70% of Hold Time. Allows for preparing for endgame waves or a counter attack. Time is added to Hold Time, so a Hold Time of 28 minutes with a Wave Break of 2 minutes would become 30 minutes.
4: Wave Tech Progression:
- Speeds up or slows down wave tech level progression. A smaller number is faster, so 0.8 would increase wave tech progression by 20%. A value above 1 slows tech progression. Setting can be used to adjust difficulty, especially for longer/shorter Hold Time games.
5: Start Waves at Tech 2:
- Sets if Land/Air/Naval waves start at Tech2. Good for 20km maps or faster starts.
6a: Endless Waves:
- Sets what waves continue after Hold Time ends. Does not affect Boss Waves.
6b: Endless Delay (Mins):
- If Endless Waves enabled, can increase the delay between waves after Hold Time ends. So if waves were every 2 mins and Endless Delay is set to 1 minute, waves will be every 3 minutes after Hold Time ends.
7a: BOSS LAND Units:
- Sets the number of units in the Land Boss Waves.
7b: BOSS AIR Units:
- Sets the number of units in the Land Boss Waves.
7c: BOSS Endless Final Wave:
- Sets if Boss Waves repeat, and how frequently.
8: Minor Boss Units On/Off:
- Sets if Minor Land or Air Boss units spawn. Extra options add even more minor boss units that increase based on game-enders. If Extra Boss units are enabled, they will spawn even if land or air waves are disabled.
9: Experimentals On/Off:
- Sets if Experimentals will spawn in Land/Air/Naval waves and any combination of.
10a: Experimental/Boss Land Frequency:
- Will increase or decrease spawn rate of Land Experimentals and Minor Bosses.
10b: Experimental/Boss Air Frequency:
- Will increase or decrease spawn rate of Air Experimentals and Mini Bosses.
10c: Experimental Navy Frequency:
- Will increase or decrease spawn rate of Navy Experimentals.
11: LAND UNITS Per Player:
- Number of Land Units Per Player.
12: AIR UNITS Per Player:
- Number of Air Units Per Player.
13: NAVAL UNITS Per Player:
- Number of Naval Units Per Player.
14a: Land Amphibious/AntiAir On/Off:
'All On' - Spawns all Land units, 'No AntiAir' - Removes AA units, 'Amphibious' - Spawns only units than can cross water, 'Amphibious No AA' - Spawns amphibious and no AA.
14b: ASF and Torp Bombers On/Off:
'ASF' - Adds ASF Fighters to waves, 'Torp Bombers' - Adds Torp Bombers to waves, 'ASF+Torp Bombers' - Adds both to waves, 'Off' - Air waves only have bombers and gunships.
15: Air Delay Spawn Time:
- Adds a delay (in minutes) to when Air Waves start after Build Waves end. As air moves much faster than Land, gives teams more time to prepare a counter.
16: Naval Delay Spawn Time:
- Adds a delay (in minutes) to when Navy Waves start after Build Time ends. As navy is the most expensive to counter, gives more time for naval players to prepare.
17: HP Bonus:
HP Bonus increases all units' health per second of game time. The multiplier increases as the game progresses. For example, Land's HP Bonus multipliers are 0.5/1/1.5/2. They increase every 1/3 of Hold Time and once for the Final. Multipliers are Land/Air x0.5/1/1.5/2, Navy x1/1.5/2/2.5
18: Incremental SpeedBoost:
Increase Unit's Speed every Wave. Example: 0.006 = 0.6% Bonus per wave. Land receives 100% of bonus, Air/Navy receives 50%, EndBoss receives 30%.
19: Single SpeedBoost:
- Increases enemy speed once. Example: 0.05 = 5% Bonus. Land receives 100% bonus, Air/Navy receives 50%, EndBoss receives 30%.
20: AI HeadQuarter's HP (millions):
- Set the AI MainBuilding HP (millions).
21: Enemy HQ Mass:
- Mass Generated by HQ at start of game for AI. HQ produces 10000 after Hold Time ends and Final begins.
22: Enemy HQ Energy:
- Energy Generated by HQ at start of game for AI. HQ produces 1000000 after Hold Time ends and Final begins.
23a: NUKE STRIKES On/Off:
- Turns scripted Nukes off. Offensive Nukes target player bases. Defensive Nukes target units too close to HQ. AI may still build nukes if Base Building is Enabled. If playing Human vs Human, Nukes will also target Human HQ player.
23b: NUKE STRIKES Start Time:
- When Nuke Strikes Start, as a Percentage of Hold Time. Default is 0.85, which is 85%.
23c: Nuke Strike Frequency:
- Delays the random time of repeating nuclear strikes, after the first strike has occurred.
23d: Nukes Per Strike:
- Increases the random amount of nukes fired from various events. Recommend 1-2 SMD per player per level selected. So on "Regular", players would need 3 to 4 SMD each.
24: Nuclear Overwhelm:
Causes huge nuclear strikes. Increases the number of nukes fired per every PAIR (2) of players for every X minutes of time after Waves start. You WILL eventually be overwhelmed.
25: ENGAME ARTILLERY On/Off:
- Turns Endgame Artillery On/Off. Artillery type and spawn time can be set.
26: Endgame Artillery Spawn Time:
- Sets how many minutes after Hold Time ends that Artillery spawns in.
27: EndGame Artillery Type:
- Sets what kind of Artillery will spawn for the EndGame. The Guardian Artillery option included in the mod is a Mavor with the damage per second of a Duke.
28a: Human ACU EcoBoost, 0 = Off:
- Sets Mass and Energy produced by the Human Player ACUs. Starts up 20 seconds after game begins. Will override RAS, unless off. Allows mod to be played on maps with too few mexes. Script breaks if players drop while game is loading. Energy Production = 100 * Value, while Mass Production = Value.
28b: Endgame EcoBoost, 0 = Off:
- Sets Mass and Energy of Human ACU for Endgame. Activates before Endgame stage. Works even if Option 28a is Off.
28c: Endgame EcoBoost Start Time:
- Sets how many Minutes before end of Hold Time that Endgame EcoBoost Starts.
29a: Wreck Removal
- Sets how long before wrecks despawn.
29b: Wreck Reclaim Rate
- Sets how fast wrecks can be reclaimed.
30: Max Hives Per Player:
- Set the Max Number of Hives Per Player.
31a: Paragon Punishment:
- Starting a Paragon immediately triggers nukes, and then increases boss health and nukes per strike every X minutes. Setting to Off disables the script, including early nuke strikes.
31b: Paragon Nuke:
- Sets if starting a Paragon will immediately trigger nukes. Paragon Punishment option must be On. Offensive Nukes option must be on.
32: Yolona+Artillery Response:
- Sets if HQ will retaliate against Yolonas and T3/T4 Artillery. Yolonas Script spawns Guardian Artillery, Endgame Boss Units with huge health boosts, and a chance to spawn SMD. Artillery Response spawns Guardian Artillery. Both scripts repeat until threats are destroyed.
33: Paragon On/Off:
- Sets if Paragon is available at start of game, at midgame (70% of HoldTime), or completely disabled.
34: Yolona On/Off:
- Sets if Yolona is available at start of game, at midgame (70% of HoldTime), or completely disabled.
35: Spawn Secondary Objective:
- Spawns secondary objectives between AI and Human players. Buildings spawn defensive structures every 4 mins until destroyed. Best to turn off on 5x5 maps.
36: Spawn Allied Reinforcements:
- Spawns allied forces for player. Must destroy Secondary Objective or survive to end of Hold Time to spawn.
37a: Land Crazy Mode:
- Restrict Land Waves to only spawn a single Tech Level! Set to spawn only T1, T2, T3, Experimental, or Bosses.
37b: Air Crazy Mode:
- Restrict Air Waves to only spawn a single Tech Level! Set to spawn only T1, T2, T3, Experimental, or Bosses.
37c: Navy Crazy Mode:
- Restrict Navy Waves to only spawn a single Tech Level! Set to spawn only T1, T2, T3, or Experimental.