Title: A Time For Change: FAF Community Balance Team

@thecodemander said in Title: A Time For Change: FAF Community Balance Team:

@mach Bruh my point was that *even if * someone made a bad balance change, its not bad in the sense that it kills the game in the same way that nothing changing and things being boring might.

Balance being so subjective, there will likely always be someone to argue for it even if they are alone.

My point was that arguing against balance changes being made is what is bad. At that point, if you cant no longer make changes, just archive the game and everyone leave it to die.

changing nothing wouldn't kill the game because the game isn't boring, people still play steam fa on balance from a decade ago, if your game needs constant changes to remain at baseline of fun, then there is something fundamentally wrong with it

balance is not subjective, it is simply number of viable options and getting every unit equally used in the game instead of 1 unit dominating (ex. asf) or having unevenly distributed usage per units, balancing in itself however is not simple, removing existing gameplay through balance changes will obviously annoy anyone who enjoyed it as will changes that remove something while adding nothing

I already said changes in themselves aren't bad, bad changes are bad, and changes for sake of change (aka to "keep things fresh") are bad which is what I'm arguing against, not against all balance changes

Don't want to get involved in this discussion, but for what it's worth I believe @Tagada is doing a good job.

With all Nomads has going for it after more than a decade of development, including extensive co-op campaign missions, it's time to embrace Nomads as FAF's official 5th faction. Let's give this soon to be elected balance team something to dig their teeth into, under the guidance of the existing members, presuming they don't all get elected based on the outstanding work they've collectively done up until this point in FAF's glorious history.

@cunnismeta People can’t agree on balance with the 4 current factions and you want to add the very imbalanced nomads to it?

Integrating Nomads is not only off topic - it is also never going to happen. They are a featured mod that is ranked. It is the best they'll ever get.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Pretty bold of mirddes to post on his alt

I’ll support Nomads getting integrated in “reg” FAF/Matchmaker does when SCTA Does (read never)

I’m a shitty 1k Global. Any balance or gameplay suggestions should be understood or taken as such.

Project Head and current Owner/Manager of SCTA Project

As many of us may be aware, most of the FAF userbase plays singleplayer matches with bots. Ultimately as long as the balance isn't "broken" that vast majority of solo faffers doesn't actually care about this thread, or it's outcomes. An amazing job has already been done, and every bit of polish that continues to be added is celebrated by all.

Some people dare to dream big, other people are too critical to allow others this same luxury.
Live long and prosper, and may the Force be with you, always.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
I vote for more voting.
I abstain.

@cunnismeta Your question is off topic. Make a new topic for your question

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip ok, fair point and well made.
My hat goes off to all you do, I have enormous respect for all of your contributions.