THE ENGIE SYNDROME: "GIVE ENGIE" / "ДАЙ ИНЖА"

@uveso said in THE ENGIE SYNDROME: "GIVE ENGIE" / "ДАЙ ИНЖА":

i would add a game option to prevent the exange of factories or engineer.
(or you can only change units if you have the same faction)

this is already a thing btw

@fiercelv i too would like my 10 minutes back.

Thank you for the most entertaining read yet in 2023, here's to many more coming!

I send an engie to their base, wait for them to ping it so that I'm sure they're watching it. Then I ctrl+k it.

Also known as the "mid or feed" syndrome.

Geez, if you can give an engineer just do it. Maybe ask for one in return. Or say soon if now doesn't suit. Otherwise why are you playing a team game!

I did enjoy it to some extent

I read the disclaimer and assumed it was yet more ChatGPT junk

I mean you can not expect the moderators to not read something that says "you don't HAVE to read this because I'm assuring you there is no need to nudge nudge wink wink".

@FierceLV Yeah I feel, but maybe I'm mistaken, there are 3 things at hand here.
2 were already covered by others:

1. You have no obligation to give units to anyone. Ever. Period.
  2. If they go ballistic and decide to Ctrl-K, there are 3 things you should do: report, blacklist and rejoice. Why Rejoice? Well you or one of your teammates were just promoted to having additional mexes, and having someone ahead in eco is really good in these types of maps.

The third point is: you do know you can actually remove those pings markers? As you mentioned, some players are narcissistic enough to expect from other players to play the way THEY imagined, often placing a bunch of markers on what to do, when to do it and how to do it (including, but not limited to 'give me engie').

Moving aside your potentially personal problem of ignoring/denying narcissistic pursuits (please work on this for your own sake), and having a hard time ignoring their 'commands', I'd recommend you start simply deleting those markers - it'll help your mind game so much. Being totally taken aback by these and preventing you from keeping a level head is a 'you' problem, and that's something you'll have to work on by yourself, on yourself. But if you want to help yourself, take the first step and just start deleting them. It's simple as that.

My own experience with asking for engie is usually when I play sera in the naval position, and I really want either a UEF or cybran engie for the sonar. But then some misunderstand me and I have to wait for a long time for them to give me the T2 engie. But I don't play a lot of Gap given it's a large game and my CPU is somewhat shite.

@FtXCommando Savage. I love it.

just gift the engie especially if its t1, swallow your pride

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

Sharing engies is enormously powerful in the game. Play as a team = win as a team

it is powerful for wrong reasons -> removes faction diversity because every player gets access to every faction's unique unit, making them ironically, not unique

@mach said in THE ENGIE SYNDROME: "GIVE ENGIE" / "ДАЙ ИНЖА":

it is powerful for wrong reasons -> removes faction diversity because every player gets access to every faction's unique unit, making them ironically, not unique

This

You have to progress through the tech tree of each faction's tech, you don't instantly get access to every unit. Usually people get engies for Hives, Sera shields, or whatever experimental

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

not any harder than progressing through your own tech tree, and people usually share/ask for t3 engineer specifically, immediately getting access to all buildings of the faction, and experimentals, I saw plenty of people mix in other faction units in their composition, especially in navy

Thank you all for the feedback.

And I forgot to mention that one special type of players:

The players who give you an engineer without them being asked just for the reason of simply wanting to help.

I'll give Asylums to a Cybran player all day to increase their horror potential, Or if someone wants Ravagers I'll likely just give an Engineer because I might not want to put the mass in for that. I don't mind engineer swaps personally, because there's still logistics and additional cost involved in doing it. Air transports, movement time, what if the transport is shot down or the engineer dies, then once the engineer is transferred over its up to that person to fund any project they want.

@fiercelv said in THE ENGIE SYNDROME: "GIVE ENGIE" / "ДАЙ ИНЖА":

And I forgot to mention that one special type of players:
The players who give you an engineer without them being asked just for the reason of simply wanting to help.

Sounds like a free reclaim

plays team game
asked to play with team
Ctrl-k's

This post is deleted!