4v4 TMM January 2023 Map Pool Tier List

@waffelznoob said in 4v4 TMM January 2023 Map Pool Tier List:

@blodir u are correct. Perhaps i jumped the gun too soon. However i am deeply saddened by you not including me in the list of TOP TIER PROS πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί:this_saddens_me::this_saddens_me:
:this_saddens_me:

Sorry πŸ˜– πŸ˜– πŸ˜– πŸ˜– I think ur really good but u insulted my thread so I couldn't bring myself to include u 😞

gg

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

@blodir u are correct. Perhaps i jumped the gun too soon. However i am deeply saddened by you not including me in the list of TOP TIER PROS πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί:this_saddens_me::this_saddens_me:

Bully getting bullied... tsk tsk !!

This affront to SNF will not be tolerated!

The embodiment of depression...

@blodir said in 4v4 TMM January 2023 Map Pool Tier List:

Sorry πŸ˜– πŸ˜– πŸ˜– πŸ˜– I think ur really good but u insulted my thread so I couldn't bring myself to include u 😞

i didnt mean to insult ur thread nor ur ideas in general 😒 😒 😒 😒 😒 i think this was a fun, creative and interactive way of garnering people's view on maps. πŸ€• πŸ€• πŸ€• clearly it worked as it received tons of traction πŸ˜™ πŸ˜™ 😘

NOTE: Ndera was not worthy of B tier. After a second experience on this map, I'll have to drop it to C or D tier.

profile picture credits to petric

bully loses -> bad map

@morax said in 4v4 TMM January 2023 Map Pool Tier List:

It would have been nice to show the whole 4v4 map list (here for reference) so everyone knows what we have to use at our disposal when we create the matchmaker pools.

Going through the above maplist, I got the impression that the list is rather incomplete. In my understanding, the list contains all(?) potential tmm 4v4 maps regardless if they are currently fit to use (e.g bugged mexes, terrain issues, bad spawns, not odd vs even...) or of questionable quality (gameplay, aesthetics). If the the mentioned list is used as argument that there are currently no other/better maps to draw from, then there should be a special focus to have a list which is as complete as possible (leaving out the super trash stuff ofc). That said, I think there are quiet some potential maps which are currently missing on this list.

Some potential maps which come to my mind (again, those may need to be fixed in one way or another):

• abandoned desertland
  • adaptive adrastea
  • adaptive grand canyon
  • adaptive hutts clutch
  • adaptive ivy valleys
  • adaptive SR islands
  • adaptive stogesgrad
  • adaptive turtle beach
  • blood mountains
  • capella six
  • frozen firefight
  • hyperion
  • krakens nest
  • madness 2
  • madness 8
  • selkie mirror

I am not saying all of the above maps are super great and should be included in the 4v4 map pool - but then again, thats also true for quite some maps in the mentioned maplist above. Imo its important to have a good and "complete" overview of potential maps as a base of discussion.

Finally, if the state of finding good maps for tmm is so dire, perhaps a map making tournament for good 4v4 maps could help resolve that issue to some degree.

capella six have tons of unbuildable mexes and obnoxious amount of dense reclaim, hutts and sr islands have very awkward path finding that makes them unplayable, krakens nest have some terrain issues but dont remember where.

That may be the case and those maps would need to be fixed before they could even be considered for tmm. However, the maplist provided by Morax lists 18 maps (out of 88) having minor or major issues right now, so being fit to play is obviously not a prerequisite for maps to be on the list.

@amygdala said in 4v4 TMM January 2023 Map Pool Tier List:

That may be the case and those maps would need to be fixed before they could even be considered for tmm. However, the maplist provided by Morax lists 18 maps (out of 88) having minor or major issues right now so being fit to play is obviously not a prerequisite for maps to be on the list.

Who is going to fix them?

ac7ec944-0142-4a15-ad2d-e5aa92b1affe-image.png

tmm : 1906

Good to see Falcon Stone River got fixed πŸ‘

@ftxcommando then setons would be in E 675829883280031786.webp

@freedom_ said in 4v4 TMM January 2023 Map Pool Tier List:

ac7ec944-0142-4a15-ad2d-e5aa92b1affe-image.png

tmm : 1906

Good to see Falcon Stone River got fixed πŸ‘

Why would you say that if you put the map in the β€œE” category which is basically the worst rating??

@morax
Because it was imba with the bottom team having an extra mex; It is generally good to see that maps are fixed regardless of whether I like them or not. Equally I think it is a nice map, but it is a 5v5, with the air spot unpopulated and the fact no one really knows what they are doing on it because of that makes me not want to play it in tmm.

Therefore it gets an E.

@freedom_

This is really helpful feedback to the team!

We have a limited amount of maps that work with the matchmaker as most authors never knew 4v4 would be the main form of pvp until this past year. To compensate for that, sometimes we use 5v5, 6v6, etc maps that are viable for play, and with the current trend in 1500+ wanting a lot more mexes it helps.

I have had games on falcon where people fight over who gets the β€œunused spawn” and it is frustrating.

Bare with us for a bit as we update our map lists and direct new content. I’m working on my own new 4v4 map and will take this advice when designing it.

Thanks a bunch for the detailed explanation. I wish everyone here would state why they rated certain maps in the best/ worst category.

Be well!

13d9dbc5-516d-4069-9b54-25953f87984b-image.png
1v1: 1600
TMM 1400(?)
I just love maps where t1 navy/early agression matters.

Chokepointy/maps played to the death (Canis, Setons, etc) make me just want to ctrl-k because some other dude prob played it 100 times and knows much better what to do. Plus I dislike maps where all the bases are together too...

FAF Website Developer

Luckily bermuda saskiya crateria and mars don't have their spawns together

Every 20km water S+ but setons is in "would rather draw" solely because 5% of the TMM players is gonna be better at it?

bully skipped over the famous water map of primus alfa