[simple mod request] Commander teleporter balance change

The issue is this: building the ACU teleporter basically requires a bunch of extra generators and storage to avoid crashing your economy, but once it's built nothing else needs energy on that scale so it largely goes to waste unless you suddenly decide you need to spam shields or something. Once it's built, using the teleporter is so comparatively cheap it might as well be free. So if someone could make this mod, that would be awesome:

-- Teleporter build cost reduced from 1.5M to 30K (that's right, it's only 2% as expensive as before!)
-- Teleporter energy use increased from 100K to 500K (5x as expensive as before)

So equipping a teleporter still requires that big power station, but you have to keep it around if you want to keep teleporting.

Cybran laser coms would love it.

I would prefer if teleport required a large amount of instant energy in use - Like the eye of riahhne. This would make it easier to scout by the large ( think 20 + ) E storages required.

Making it more expensive use wise just means you can stall your eco for a few more seconds then forcing storage.

@melanol said in [simple mod request] Commander teleporter balance change:

Cybran laser coms would love it.

How so? Making it more expensive per-use would make it harder to TP in and out.

@nooby said in [simple mod request] Commander teleporter balance change:

I would prefer if teleport required a large amount of instant energy in use - Like the eye of riahhne. This would make it easier to scout by the large ( think 20 + ) E storages required.

Making it more expensive use wise just means you can stall your eco for a few more seconds then forcing storage.

I like the gradual charge-up (too overpowered if you can just instantly escape from danger) but stalling your eco by a significant amount (dropping your shields in the process) is never a good thing.