Weekly Discussion #22 - T2 Direct Fire Land

I hope you'll forgive me for skipping T1 AA (Not much to discuss) and lumping the mainline and amphib tanks together. Still experimenting with this format so let me know whether you'd prefer more narrow or wide discussions.

Here you can share your thoughts on the following units:
UEF: Pillar and Riptide
Cybran: Rhino and Wagner
Aeon: Obsidian and Blaze
Seraphim: Ilshie and [I'm not dignifying the sera T2 amphib tank by looking up its name]

I used to enjoy using Wagners. They were a fast alternative to Rhinos. Then they got nerfed. Now they are only good for raiding across water. They can't fight enemy T2 units and are absolute trash against PD.

Can we buff Wagner torpedoes a little bit so that they aren't completely worthless. At least weak AA on stuff like Monkeylord or Megalith can down scout planes. Weak torps cant do anything except spoof torp defense.

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

I think we should make amphibs only good for crossing water. It is already this way for UEF and Sera, not sure about Cybran, and definitely not for Aeon with Obsidians being very slow, low range and overshooting.

I had to check db because I was certain that sera did not, in fact, have a t2 tank.

I love rolling face with the Obsidian, they're hard to stop and have bad range, and Blazes have good range, speed and low cost. I didn't appreciate the Blaze until recently.

Pillars are awesome HP tar pit creatures that take forever to get rid of and Riptides are the beefiest T2 hover (Didn't know that until recently too)

Rhinos are pretty okay, fit for purpose, I don't see many Wagners. I don't use them much either, a non-hover tank is great on paper but I can never find a good situation to use them. Their torpedos are funny, if not just to overload torp defence.

Illshavohs are a fantastic assault and defence unit, excellent range, don't overkill much, great damage, great HP for a T2. The Yenzyne is pretty good too, a nice punch that you can use on the water.

@melanol said in Weekly Discussion #22 - T2 Direct Fire Land:

I think we should make amphibs only good for crossing water. It is already this way for UEF and Sera, not sure about Cybran, and definitely not for Aeon with Obsidians being very slow, low range and overshooting.

So... A Blaze nerf.

What you want is a Blaze nerf

trash, trash, OP, trash - nothing can change my mind.

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

calling riptide and yenzyne trash is major symptom of skill issue

yeah I'm very serious about that and that's why you can't change my mind.

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

@deribus Maybe. But Obsidians need a less overkilling weapon. Maybe a faster projectile?

For 40 more mass you an build a Blaze and an Asylum instead of an Obsidian. You can build 2 Blazes for the cost of 1 Obsidian. If you're worried about overkill, you can build Blazes and Asylums, Blazes also have good range. Aeon has the answers, but your question must be specific.