Introducing a new 'feature' - trophies! The first person to send me a replay for a more recent version of M28 than the current trophy holder, where the replay meets the trophy requirements, will be acknowledged as the winner of the trophy in the next update notes. The two trophies are:
- The Radde trophy - Named after Radde who has sent a large number of replays fighting 1.3 and 1.4 resource M28s in recent months - awarded to the first person or team to beat M28 on a 15km-20km size mapgen when M28 has a 1.4 AiX resource bonus (i.e. it can still have 1.0 build rate bonus), with no SIM mods other than M28AI. 1v1 or teamgame submissions accepted (teamgame must have mirrored start positions and equal M28 numbers to player numbers)
- The Sladow trophy - named after Sladow, who beat 1.7 AiX M28 (v39) - this trophy is awarded to the first person to beat a default AiX M28 1v1 (i.e. 1.5 resource and 1.5 build rate cheat modifiers) - i.e. any map, any mod.
Note the requirements for the trophy are subject to change with each release of M28.
Kiting and anti-firebase improvements, including:
- 7 Changes mostly relating to trying to have hoplites do better at surviving against an enemy guncom (although the changes should be relevant to mongoose and sniperbots as well)
- Replay 21200371 - 5 improvements relating to enemies setting up T2 arti firebases near M28's base
- Fixed M28 not building navy on the map Sludge (along with 2 other minor changes)
- Replay 21193022 - 7 changes, including improving the speed with which the rear M28 position will get T3 air and fixing a bug that lead to loads of TMD being built
- Replay 21206374 - 6 changes, including TMD being built against Seraphim cruisers+aircraft carriers, and T2 being built against nearby enemy naval threats
- 2 other changes, including having hover/amphibious units in the water retreat back to base rather than to the middle of the water zone they're in
- Zhanghm – doing some testing on high memory scenarios to confirm the theory that the variety of units built in a game is likely the biggest factor in memory usage.
- Radde – Land and naval replays, both 1v1 and team games, which highlighted a number of improvements required.
- Fertgl – Screenshot/replay showing a poor choice of rally point by M28 on water for hover units.
- Gatorized – Image referring to M28 not building navy (fortunately I was able to recognise the map from the screenshot, but for future reference a replay ID would make it easier for me to identify the issue).
- Jip - Fixing a bug with the navmesh, being quick to merge a pull request fixing a categorisation bug, and continuing to fix minor FAF lua error messages
- Fixed a bug that would break M28's logic in some cases when faced with a nearby enemy firebase.