"This app can't run on your PC" - client won't install on 32bit OS

update - I am running Windows at 32 bit. Based on what I saw in the discord, it looks like I need to run a 64-bit operating system in order to run the FAF client. New question: is there a 32-bit client I could use?

I downloaded the current version of the client from FAForever.com

When I tried to run the installer, I get the error message:

"This app can't run on your PC

To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher."

A picture of the error message is:

This app cant run.png

The error message does not give any option to install and it does not say what is wrong.

I am running Windows 10 with an administrator account. I tried running the installer normally and I tried running it as an admin.

I tried re-downloading the file. Same problem.

Also, I was able to run Forged Alliance from Steam.

Any idea what I can do?

Apparently this is an issue with Windows 11. Try some of the fixes outlined here: https://windowsreport.com/app-cant-run-windows-10/

The FAF client bundles with a 64bit Java runtime. We dropped official support for 32bit ~3 years ago.
All modern CPUs for the last 15 years support 64bit except for Intel Atoms which won't run Forged Alliance anyway, all Windows versions since Windows 7 had a 64bit edition on launch 2009 (even XP had one, but that launched four years aftetr release in 2005).
There is no reason to run a 32bit Windows in 2022.

"Nerds have a really complicated relationship with change: Change is awesome when WE'RE the ones doing it. As soon as change is coming from outside of us it becomes untrustworthy and it threatens what we think of is the familiar."
ā€“ Benno Rice