I am loving the new reclaim batching in 2022.10.0

Took a bit of fiddling, but now the fat mass is visible again. I play on a 4k monitor and have this cranked to 75%. I do miss the colors from the mods that used to handle this, but still cool to see this as as game option now. Special mention to 'Better Reclaim View', the only one that worked with UI scaling. Only thing missing is the reclaim totals, but there is already a mod for that working with 22.10.

The batching seems far worse than the mod I was using before tbh (Rheclaim) and I can't even turn batching off because then most of the reclaim still seems to get culled when zooming out. I think it's a great patch overall, but the batching is a severe downgrade from the mod options that were previously available.

@snugglefox I'm playing on a 4k and got it working as shown;

Capture2.JPG Capture.JPG

For me the new reclaim layout was one of the major reasons I decided to take a break from playing

@TheWreck apologies for it being received that bad, but the batching can be turned off in the game options.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@TheWreck, You can also try Optimized Reclaim View mod, a predecessor of FAF's batching.

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

I actually like the batching as I felt it was a pain before when I’d had like 3-4 reclaim mods just to find one that would actually work. Now I don’t need to bother anymore since it’s implemented into the game (which new players will find very helpful)

FAF Website Developer

i liked reclaim batching for 5 seconds, but then when i actually needed to do something I realized that it does not tell me important info: where the small rocks are and where are the big ones, so I turned it off .

TA4Life: "At the very least we are not slaves to the UI" | http://www.youtube.com/user/dimatularus | http://www.twitch.tv/zlo_rd

Exactly. Reclaim batching helps you to assess the total value of reclaim in an area better. But then when you try to collect it in an efficient way you realize how dysfunctional the batching actually is.

Maybe an option to decide up to which zoom level the batching is applied would help. I could see that batching is useful at max zoom out, but for anything below that, I would much prefer clickable reclaim indicators.

We're very open to feedback. How about this:

Note that the reclaim indicators themselves are not clickable, and reclaim in general is not always clickable either. The old threshold for batching was set to such that if the batching stops working you are guaranteed to be able to issue reclaim orders on props.

Well, the indicator might not be clickable, but the prop it sits on is.

The distance threshold sounds like a step in the right direction. But how would it perform on maps of different size, eg 10km vs 20km maps? Hard for me to tell how useful one setting for all mapsizes would be without testing in a couple of games.

@Xayo there is a zoom level across all maps where if you are more zoomed out than that then you can't give reclaim orders. This has always been part of the game.

As Jip mentioned the batching is designed so that once you reach that zoom level or further in the batching is off.

So it is guaranteed that when you can issue reclaim orders there is no batching.

@sheikah Thanks for pointing that out, i was not aware of it.

However, even when at a zoom level where you can't give individual reclaim orders, it is still very vital to know how a reclaim batch is structured. This allows you to make the optimal decision on how to collect it. And most often, my immediate next reaction is to zoom in and issue manual reclaim orders.

What about a hotkey / key to press that can temporarily disable batching?

One thing that I miss about the old additional reclaim info mod was that it gave you the total sum of reclaim on screen. It was fun to zoom out and see the exact amount of reclaim on the map or in a specific area

@cascade said in I am loving the new reclaim batching in 2022.10.0:

One thing that I miss about the old additional reclaim info mod was that it gave you the total sum of reclaim on screen. It was fun to zoom out and see the exact amount of reclaim on the map or in a specific area

Seconded !