Looking for editor for mapping tutorial series

This is a request for help. We're looking for contributor(s) that can find their way around software like Premiere Pro.

What is it about

A few months ago, we made a series on how to create a map. It can be found on the FAForever channel:

This was long overdue: a lot of materials surrounding the map making scene is outdated or it only explains how to do something, but not why we do something.

There are a few issues with the series:

• (1) It is not finished, as an example the entire 'advanced' section is not there yet
  • (2) There are sound issues
  • (3) There is no editing (at all)
  • (4) The example taken was poorly chosen (bad symmetry choice)

Long story short: I'd like to start the series from scratch again. The issue is time. I can record them in two good afternoons. But editing them, creating the timestamps on Youtube, etc - all of that takes up so much time that it conflicts with everything else that I'd like to do.

What is the task

I'm looking for someone to post process the videos. We're talking about 15 to 25 videos, ranging from 5 to 35 minutes. You're free to add in credits in either the video (at the end, for example) or in the description.

This includes, but is not limited to:

• Adding the FAF logo in the bottom right corner
  • Speeding up certain sections where there is no talking, but just working. Add in a visual indicator that this section is sped up
  • Determine the timestamps when a section starts
  • Create the thumbnails (we have a Photoshop template for that with thanks to @phong , just need to update the text)

Someone of the news team (including me) can upload the video to Youtube and set its premiere date.

I'm also very open to feedback on how to improve the series in general. As an example, there will be a Github repository with each version of the map. That allows you start at any of the videos and continue the series from there.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

Btw. for light video editing i can recommend Shotcut, is Open Source and free, and unlike DaVinci Resolve (Free Version) it can import most video formats with decoding, and unlike Kdenlive it does not constantly crash under windows. Supports all of the mentioned tasks.

Thank you for the suggestion - sounds good to me 👍

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

ive got hit film express kinda like a free Photoshop

"The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few" - Spock

For the poor (or free) people, Kdenlive has a windows build now (and the newer builds seem stable from the people Ive recommended it to) and it can do a lot of nice things. For those wanting free photoshop and hated GIMP: have you either tried GIMP with the single window mode option ticked on the windows dropdown or gimpshop.