It's no secret that there are a lot of potentially viable new maps that have not received the amount of attention, competitive testing or approval needed to be put into matchmaking and tournament pools. One of the hardest things to do as a mapper, apart from actually make good maps, is 'break into' the competitive mapping scene. The second hardest thing to do is make sure your map has no issues before hitting matchmaker.
I wish to start a bounty thread along with @Jip. The idea is we post bounties, such as:
- 1v1 on Verisimilitude: 1500+ rating, Bo7. Reward: 10 points to each player
- 4v4 on Argon FAF version: 500+ rating, min. 2 games or 40 minutes gametime. Reward: 5 points per player
These are just examples to illustrate the idea. We'd post bounties regularly and issue points to the people who complete them first.
The question is, what sort of rewards would you like to see?
- Custom badge/avatar: 5 points
- $10 towards tournament of your choice: 10 points
- $5 Steam or GOG credit: 20 points
- Tier 2 bade: 25 points
- $40 commission credit with CaptainKlutz: 25 points
Again, just for illustration.
What are your opinions on this?