Error - java.lang.RuntimeException:

Hi, once of time (2-3 times on year) i have error in FAF. And I can't play.

Client Version: 2022.9.0
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\ProgramData\FAForever\cache\featured_mod\bin\84206fa0c0cd226745a043767258034d -> C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe
at com.faforever.client.patch.SimpleHttpFeaturedModUpdaterTask.lambda$call$0(SimpleHttpFeaturedModUpdaterTask.java:94)
at java.base/java.util.ArrayList.forEach(ArrayList.java:1511)
at com.faforever.client.patch.SimpleHttpFeaturedModUpdaterTask.call(SimpleHttpFeaturedModUpdaterTask.java:70)
at com.faforever.client.patch.SimpleHttpFeaturedModUpdaterTask.call(SimpleHttpFeaturedModUpdaterTask.java:29)
at javafx.concurrent.Task$TaskCallable.call(Task.java:1426)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:264)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1136)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:833)
Caused by: java.nio.file.AccessDeniedException: C:\ProgramData\FAForever\cache\featured_mod\bin\84206fa0c0cd226745a043767258034d -> C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin\ForgedAlliance.exe
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.translateToIOException(WindowsException.java:89)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsException.rethrowAsIOException(WindowsException.java:103)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileCopy.copy(WindowsFileCopy.java:209)
at java.base/sun.nio.fs.WindowsFileSystemProvider.copy(WindowsFileSystemProvider.java:284)
at java.base/java.nio.file.Files.copy(Files.java:1305)
at com.faforever.client.io.FeaturedModFileCacheService.copyFeaturedModFileFromCache(FeaturedModFileCacheService.java:64)
at com.faforever.client.patch.SimpleHttpFeaturedModUpdaterTask.lambda$call$0(SimpleHttpFeaturedModUpdaterTask.java:89)

What can i do with this?

C:\ProgramData\FAForever open access for everyone, or try give yourself full access with subfolders

@eternal How i can do it?

Ok, done. Thanks

@Marekkas If you tell us how you did it, then others could profit from it who have the same problem.

Most likely Right click -> Properties -> Security (maybe advanced if issue was more complicated).

For anyone reaching this page and being lost, look up change permission in Windows, plenty of nice guides out there.

The better way to do this is to do a permission reset, which resets folder and child permission back to default settings.

• Open CMD as admin.
  • To reset permissions for a folder, its files, and subfolders, run the command icacls "full path to the folder" /reset /t /c /l

So in this case:
icacls "C:\ProgramData\FAForever" /reset /t /c /l

@Pipo
please don't doublepost:
https://forum.faforever.com/topic/4943/java-startup-error/3

Also it's not the same problem, here we have a AccessDeniedException error.
(you error is a Tag mismatch)

I'm sorry i forgot to delete this post after i saw that i typed my question into the wrong thread. I'll clear this post here.