key to abort commander upgrade

it is the second time my commander is killed because I don't succeed to abort commander upgrade.
i was said the shortcut is echap but i doesn't work. what is the "name" of the command so that I could find it in the key map and assign a correct shortcut (I don't have the default ones)

It's the STOP button.

the default (at least for me) is "s"

The command is named: "Stop and cancel all Orders"

You can search for it by name in the key bind menu.

(or you can stop the upgrade by clicking on the "stop" button)

thanks a lot !

It is not possible to abort a specific ACU update from his order-queue, right?

The right-click does not work on him for me, unlike on the fabs. You always need to abort every command from the ACU, which is sometimes really annoying.

@magge said in key to abort commander upgrade:

It is not possible to abort a specific ACU update from his order-queue, right?

The right-click does not work on him for me, unlike on the fabs. You always need to abort every command from the ACU, which is sometimes really annoying.

Correct. I think that was done as a shortcut/workaround for the problem that getting T2 or T3 upgrade makes T2/T3 buildings available, and the FAF devs didn't or couldn't make it so those impermissible orders get canceled when the upgrade drops out (except you might not want to cancel them if, for example, you selected an upgrading ACU + 3 T3 engineers and told them to make a T3 pgen, canceling the ACU's upgrade shouldn't stop those engineers from making the pgen, so it's complicated whether you want to cancel orders or not)

And also that some upgrades are dependent on other upgrades, like if you queue up first shield + second shield on an Aeon ACU. And then you cancel first shield, it would have to also cancel second shield. And rather than try to code all that out (and deal with the problem of mods like BlackOps or Nomads adding new ACU upgrades dependent on each other) they only allowed one way to cancel an upgrade.