Talking about the Fatty

I agree with t3 land being "kinda trash atm" (compared to t4), and think this whole Fatboy discussion is merely a symptom of this.

Things were a little better before the GC buff fix. Back then percies only had to be afraid of Chickens. Now they also need to be afraid of GCs. So against 2/4 factions, t3 land will just brutally lose against t4. Cybran can at least somewhat compete with their monkey/mega, but the fatty just can't.

Changing the T3 vs T4 land dynamic to the point where percies can at least somewhat hold the line might be better than changing the fatty.

@xayo said in Talking about the Fatty:

Things were a little better before the GC buff fix. Back then percies only had to be afraid of Chickens. Now they also need to be afraid of GCs. So against 2/4 factions, t3 land will just brutally lose against t4. Cybran can at least somewhat compete with their monkey/mega, but the fatty just can't.

Well to make the GC not as overwhelming vs T3, you could mark some units to be 'heavy' a.k.a. not-tractorable. Say to all 'heavy' T3 land units of each faction - Percy, Brick, Othuum and Harbs.

But that's for another thread, this one should focus on the Fatboy

@blodir said in Talking about the Fatty:

I also love this idea B) I guess you'd maybe add a little bit of range to the units being transported or something so that it makes sense to use them to augment the fatboy.

I'd actually not augment the carried units (if this ever came to fruition). Just leave them as is. You already pointed one pretty busted thing, it having stealth, but don't forget that in multi-team games you could have it quite busted. Using Sera Athanah T3 mobile shield instead of para, a Sparky to get jamming/Deceiver for stealth, bunch of firepower. Like adding 10 Percies would already make it very strong. Or a combo of Percies and Titans, to help with clearing spam.

What's more, I'd give it like 2 slots in the front, and 3 on each side. That way you don't get the benefits of all the units at once, unless they are support units (like shield or AA).

Why not reduce its overall stats by about 10-15%?
This would include the Resource Costs, Shield HP, Base Unit HP, DPS, Build Times, and more.

Granted, this won't directly fix its issue being that it doesn't quite have a firm role... but...
It could help ease it into a slightly better spot.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@fichom said in Talking about the Fatty:

If you want to explore the 'experimental' side of things as Jip was mentioning, maybe give the Fatboy 10 or so 'slots' where he can 'transport' (equip) units, which could still work when 'mounted'. Say it can equip 2 Parashields, 4 Mercies and 4 Cougars - then it becomes a mobile fortress equipped with additional shields, fire-power and very strong anti-air.

Allow static structures to be built on hardpoints, so you can build static flak, TML, T2 arty, T2 PD, or even Ravagers for the Fatboy

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

@blodir said in Talking about the Fatty:

T3 armies are kinda trash

Wutface

Also about gc claws

https://github.com/FAForever/fa/pull/4442

@zeldafanboy said in Talking about the Fatty:

If you want to explore the 'experimental' side of things as Jip was mentioning, maybe give the Fatboy 10 or so 'slots' where he can 'transport' (equip) units, which could still work when 'mounted'. Say it can equip 2 Parashields, 4 Mercies and 4 Cougars - then it becomes a mobile fortress equipped with additional shields, fire-power and very strong anti-air.

Allow static structures to be built on hardpoints, so you can build static flak, TML, T2 arty, T2 PD, or even Ravagers for the Fatboy

This was considered before fa came out, and the consensus was that it lowered the HP to kill the unit since you can take out hard points first to lower it's effectiveness.

I do like making the fatty a transport that units can fire from. Make it that the units can go underwater with them for an amphibious attack.

@veteranashe said in Talking about the Fatty:

This was considered before fa came out, and the consensus was that it lowered the HP to kill the unit since you can take out hard points first to lower it's effectiveness.

Then give the fatboy one hardpoint that can accept one equivalent structure via an upgrade, meaning it wont have its own hp pool

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

What's more, I'd give it like 2 slots in the front, and 3 on each side. That way you don't get the benefits of all the units at once, unless they are support units (like shield or AA).

Ofc, I messed up my math, 2 + 3 + 3 = 10 in my brain somehow. I meant 4 front, 3 on each side, duh!

Hello everyone 🙂 I think the topic is great because I love Fatboy. The point about the slots sounds very interesting. Since I am unfortunately not a good player myself, I created a mod for the Fatboy, which received TMD and other weapon modes. If I have time again I would try to implement the suggestion to see how it works. However, the balance part is and remains very demanding. I wish the balance team every success 🙂 sy for my bad english 😉

@xayo you forget snipers. Percies arent relevant to 2/4 factions even before T4

profile picture credits to petric