Talking about the Fatty

For sera t3 land to be decent you need to babysit it so this is a weird argument since the UEF guy doesnt need to babysit his sniper blob

@tex said in Talking about the Fatty:

Vanilla fatty was a monster. It packed those big boy summit cannons. Shell damage and speed was massive. Dps was way higher even with like, 1/4th the ROF. I miss vanilla fatty. It would still suffer from the same problems but it was way cooler.

Why not half its ROF and double its shell damage?

I think this would suit the faction more

I just watched a cast of Rambo coms dodging around half the fatty shells so that might be a bad idea.

@veteranashe
It can be also accompanied by buff to the shell velocity. Tripple the damage, lower the rof, at the very least double the shell velocity and you have a beast of a unit. Switch the explosions to the summit one and you have a unit that now also have a good sound/visual punch to it.

And if going this route one could also experiment with changing the firing randomness to make it more of a precision artillery piece rather than current one that is more about shelling your opponent with thousand small shells.

Also another thing I would look at is small buffs to the riot guns. Giving them a little bit bigger turret Yaw could make them much more reliable to use.

@pearl12 said in Talking about the Fatty:

Right, theoretically I am a similar rank and thus have similar micro abilities as my opponent, but if I'm UEF and they're Sera, they don't have to use those extra clicks because their exps don't need to be micro'd as much. The fatty almost always requires micro to use properly. Monkeys, Chickens, and GCs rarely do. Or at least, they are much more forgiving.

There is a chance I simply misunderstood it, but your opponent indeed has to micro as well. He walks chicken into your fatty and you retreat - His chicken will die.
He also has to pay attention and react to your movements, otherwise his units just get hit for free -> I would actually say your opponent (If you're the one with the fatty) has to use more apm due to finding mistakes in your micro so he can push and once he was in range and needs to get out, he has to run in zig-zag as well

Required rating for participation in balance talks when?

I have to agree with your post.

The Fatboy is a great unit, perfect in the right conditions, but those conditions need to be near-perfect for it to be effective, otherwise, it will die quite quickly...
As for other Exps, they are much more forgiving and have a wider 'effectiveness' range, if that makes sense.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

an opinion can only be correct if it fits in a single sentence

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

+1

I concur with the idea of buffing the shell speed and allowing it to move while building units. Personally also like the idea of giving it a personal shield and buffing its general HP but those might be too much. Maybe ever so slightly buff its movement speed as well?

I suggested that the Shield HP and the Base Unit's HP be swapped - It would still have the same HP as it does right now, but it'll
work slightly differently over time.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Makes me think how much more useful the czar is after dropping the HP and adding a sheild

I want fatty to be able to toss it's shield like a giant curling stone.

If you want to explore the 'experimental' side of things as Jip was mentioning, maybe give the Fatboy 10 or so 'slots' where he can 'transport' (equip) units, which could still work when 'mounted'. Say it can equip 2 Parashields, 4 Mercies and 4 Cougars - then it becomes a mobile fortress equipped with additional shields, fire-power and very strong anti-air.

Or give it staggered fire, higher arc, larger scatter and larger damage radius - effectively, a small-scale Scathis. The better scatter + damage radius will make it harder to dodge, though you might want to nudge it's alpha then so it doesn't just wipe non-experimentals from existence.

Or just turn it into a MAA experimental, and have it's main guns able to fire at air targets lol.

Actually you could give it like, in addition to being able to produce T3 land, the ability to produce up to T2 air as well. If paired with I hope soon coming fix to the mobile factories working even when on move, you could churn out some bombers or gunships to help it against incoming direct-fire experimentals.

If you want to explore the 'experimental' side of things as Jip was mentioning, maybe give the Fatboy 10 or so 'slots' where he can 'transport' (equip) units, which could still work when 'mounted'. Say it can equip 2 Parashields, 4 Mercies and 4 Cougars - then it becomes a mobile fortress equipped with additional shields, fire-power and very strong anti-air.

I love this idea 😄

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@fichom said in Talking about the Fatty:

I also love this idea B) I guess you'd maybe add a little bit of range to the units being transported or something so that it makes sense to use them to augment the fatboy. Sounds like a lot of fun to pimp ur fatboy with different setups

• t3 maa and shields vs strat snipes
  • t3 mobile arty for even more bombardment
  • percies for direct fire engagements
  • stealth field!
  • spearheads? shield disruptors?
  • sniper bots

Honestly if that was implemented I'd also like to see it become much cheaper (with reduced stats to compensate). T3 armies are kinda trash atm, so being able to load them into fatboys to become semi experimentals would make uef work better aggressively in exp stage.

I agree with t3 land being "kinda trash atm" (compared to t4), and think this whole Fatboy discussion is merely a symptom of this.

Things were a little better before the GC buff fix. Back then percies only had to be afraid of Chickens. Now they also need to be afraid of GCs. So against 2/4 factions, t3 land will just brutally lose against t4. Cybran can at least somewhat compete with their monkey/mega, but the fatty just can't.

Changing the T3 vs T4 land dynamic to the point where percies can at least somewhat hold the line might be better than changing the fatty.

@xayo said in Talking about the Fatty:

Things were a little better before the GC buff fix. Back then percies only had to be afraid of Chickens. Now they also need to be afraid of GCs. So against 2/4 factions, t3 land will just brutally lose against t4. Cybran can at least somewhat compete with their monkey/mega, but the fatty just can't.

Well to make the GC not as overwhelming vs T3, you could mark some units to be 'heavy' a.k.a. not-tractorable. Say to all 'heavy' T3 land units of each faction - Percy, Brick, Othuum and Harbs.

But that's for another thread, this one should focus on the Fatboy

@blodir said in Talking about the Fatty:

I also love this idea B) I guess you'd maybe add a little bit of range to the units being transported or something so that it makes sense to use them to augment the fatboy.

I'd actually not augment the carried units (if this ever came to fruition). Just leave them as is. You already pointed one pretty busted thing, it having stealth, but don't forget that in multi-team games you could have it quite busted. Using Sera Athanah T3 mobile shield instead of para, a Sparky to get jamming/Deceiver for stealth, bunch of firepower. Like adding 10 Percies would already make it very strong. Or a combo of Percies and Titans, to help with clearing spam.

What's more, I'd give it like 2 slots in the front, and 3 on each side. That way you don't get the benefits of all the units at once, unless they are support units (like shield or AA).

Why not reduce its overall stats by about 10-15%?
This would include the Resource Costs, Shield HP, Base Unit HP, DPS, Build Times, and more.

Granted, this won't directly fix its issue being that it doesn't quite have a firm role... but...
It could help ease it into a slightly better spot.

~ Stryker

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)