Minimap is black, user created map, and sound cuts off.

I am a newbie FAF user so bare with me. I noticed few days ago that FAF is gog compatible now, so of course I installed, and after little bit of fiddeling got it to work. Btw you "guys" should propably mention in the tutorial that the "about me" section, where you input the FAF account refrence code, can't be found in gog galaxy, but only on their website.

Anyway I downloaded few maps, and mods, from FAF launcher and went to play singleplayer offline skirmish match. I launched my game from gog galaxy, and some reason the game stayed blackscreened for a while, but after trying to alt+F4 out of it it asked if I was sure I wanna quit FA, and I click no, and then the normal main menu loaded as it should. I start a new skirmish on the newly downloaded map "six clover leafs", and pretty much right of the bat most of the sounds, sound effects espeacially, disappeared. Only the "you are being attacked" music played every now and again.

And as stated in the topic the minimap, and mean the terrain, is black. I can see resources and unit "pips" on the radar, but no terrain.

I read somewhere that the gog versio is infact outdated versio of FA, and steam versio is updated. Is this the reason for my problems?

You shouldn't launch the game from GOG, but through the FAF launcher.
Otherwise you will simply launch the vanilla version, without any changes from FAF

@nex said in Minimap is black, user created map, and sound cuts off.:

You shouldn't launch the game from GOG, but through the FAF launcher.
Otherwise you will simply launch the vanilla version, without any changes from FAF

Well I created a solo game from FAF launcher, and still I loose most of the sounds(music, FX etc.).
And the game froze but I guess thats because there a lot units in my game, though then again the limit was set to 1500, I only had maybe 50% of that, I know that none of the A.I players didn't have that many units. I wonder what is the safe maximum unit limit?

A usual game can handle up to thousands of units. My computer can run ~5K units at +0 (no slow downs). Sounds issues are usually specific to your system, you can try (properly) turning off your computer, to start it back up five minutes later. That helped for some people. There's the #technical-help channel in discord with other suggestions in the pins.

With regards to the freezing - this is again system specific. I'll need logs and everything to confirm. Make sure you run the game with no (UI) mods, as mods aren't always stable.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

game_17949269.log

Here is the log file that FAF generated.
And I do not have any UI mods installed. The only mods I have are 2x resources and smart tactical missiles.

Oh and btw is there away to save a skirmish battle as in normal FA?

You can start the game directly if you navigate to: C:\ProgramData\FAForever\bin. You can then launch a Skirmish, that allows you to save / load as usual!

I see you're playing against AIs, I can highly recommend you some AIs from the vault. As a few examples: RNGAI / M27AI / Uveso AI.

There's nothing in your logs, chances are the behavior is specific to your system. I don't know how to help you debug that.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned