Loyalists can't compete with Titans.

So what is your point there besides nerfing the only thing titans are good at?

queuing with a newbie to show him the beauty of tmm and meeting tagada be like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLcRpdZ0Xb0&ab_channel=Tomoko

Your entire argument is predicated on t1 units being bad at taking out t3 units.

If your opponent has t3 and you can only counter it with t1, you should lose.

This post is deleted!

Balance has no impact on low rated games. There are 1000 blunders by both players before titans are ever on the field.

@thomashiatt said in Loyalists can't compete with Titans.:

Balance has no impact on low rated games. There are 1000 blunders by both players before titans are ever on the field.

Global rating is very accurate at predicting the outcome of custom matches involving players under 1k rating because global rating is very accurate at predicting the collective severity of the mistakes each player is going to make.

I don't really care for nerfing the titan. Just make the charge ability on the loya useful, like not disabling the weapon.

Has anyone found the current Loyalist charge ability useful? 480 mass for a 3 second stun with radius 10 (if I've gotten my stats right) never felt very useful; In theory it seems great, especially in large army fights, where you sacrifice dying Loyalists, but in practice, it feels bad.
If Titans are king of raids, then Loyalists are (or should be) better at large army clashes via their stun. Perhaps making the charge ability "feel" better is the small buff they need?

An idea, perhaps not a good idea, but an idea none-the-less.

-> Remove the Loyalist charge ability and instead give the Loyalist the charge speed increase when under 40% HP (1000HP). Thats all.

Pros: Allows near death Loyalists to race into enemy clumps better for a more reliable stun. Also, more reliable and versatile than current charge ability. Might encourage deliberately lowering Loyalist HP for fast suicide squad raids? Weapons would still function while the ability is in effect, unlike the charge ability.

Cons: No longer has access to increased stun duration from activated ability. Can't activate (easily) on demand like the charge ability. Requires low HP, making the ability useless in many standard situations. Still semi-micro intensive, as it involves close battle micro.

Let me know if this idea is good, or bonkers.

@arran said in Loyalists can't compete with Titans.:

An idea, perhaps not a good idea, but an idea none-the-less.

-> Remove the Loyalist charge ability and instead give the Loyalist the charge speed increase when under 40% HP (1000HP). Thats all.

step 1: hit your own loyas with t1 bombers to drop them to 39% health

step 2: send them to raid enemy mexes or to do whatever

it's bad to have units develop abilities through taking damage. damage is bad and, if we had unlimited CPU power and wanted to make a more accurate simulation, we would probably have units lose functionality as they took damage.

Imagine you get vet on the loya after microing it heavily and then it... slows down?