Titan shield recharge after collapse OP.

I was being sarcastic, but now we're here - didn't the janus also get nerfed at some point too? [more topic deviation]

@arran said in Titan shield recharge after collapse OP.:
Dude please use some interpunction, this garbage is literally unreadable.

haha! Yep. I can't even read it, and I wrote it!

Loya are supposed to close the distance and theoretically scale better than titans as a group of units due to the stun effect on death. Individually titans are supposed to be ever so slightly better if micro is taken into account.

Main issue is that Cybran has no synergistic early t3 stage ACU upgrade for survivability like UEF so keeping ACU around during large loya/titan combat is way more risky. Cybran also doesn’t have a parashield to provide survivability for their loyalists against harbs/othuums.

@arran said in Titan shield recharge after collapse OP.:

If the balance team had made this change without telling you, would you have noticed?

Then why are your requesting this change, if people wouldn't notice the difference?

Titans were garbage for years, there's nothing wrong with them currently. Never saw anybody complaining about them on their own, it's only when people look at X faction and then foolishly try to make some false equivalency that these debates even start.

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

The list grows on.

Problem
The Titan has less DPS per mass than Harbinger allowing the Aeon to walk over UEF during the early T3 stage when Percies are not yet viable.

Data (from Unit DB)
Harb DPS/mass = 0.381 Titan DPS/mass = 0.3125

Yes. Harbs get over 20% more DPS/mass than Titans. This is unacceptable!
Fix this.

Solution(s)
Options:

1.) Reduce Harb DPS to 262.5
2.) Increase Titan DPS to 182.88 (same DPS/mass as Harb).
Or anything in-between options 1 and 2 which are extremes.

Locking the thread since the OP didn't provide meaningful arguments for this nerf/buff.
The titans (& loyas) will already get nerfed upcoming patch because we are reverting the BT buff they received in the last patch since it allowed them to get onto the field too quickly harming the T2 stage too much.

28 replies in 8 hours?

Damn I wish my weekly discussions got that kind of activity.

A post for clarification:
The current status of the shield of the Titan is very much intended. Their strength is supposed to be speed and a shield that allows you to take short engagements, kill lower-tech units then kite away while not losing HP. This is by design and is supposed to reward good micro and using your units to their strengths. On the other hand, Harb is a hybrid between a raiding unit and a frontline tank. It has more HP, more DPS, and absolutely wrecks Titans mass for mass in a direct engagement. Both of these units have their strengths and weaknesses. You can't just take 2 stats and compare them to each other. You need to not only take into account the whole units but whole unit rosters (need to think how the "power budget" is distributed among the faction's unit roster. Eg. how strong Percy is, and how strong Snipers are). Even if unit A is a bit weaker than unit B perhaps the faction that has unit A also has unit C that is stronger than its counterpart. As long as units serve their specific purpose then there is no reason to make all units equally good.