Developers patch 3745 - 3748

Thank you

Ras Boi's save lives.

As you added new "Command and cursor interactions" you forgot about the fucking genius "easy reclaim" feature from Random UI improvements. Now mod isnt working and you cant get that feature cuz collision with "random ui improvments".

I dont like "Improved performance of reclaim labels" and i cant change it cuz you made collision with all existing reclaim view mods. I know it is better than default reclaim view but there was some mods that were doing better job and you are forcing me to pick this. Can add "easy reclaim" feature and remove collisions with all reclaim view mods pls?

Good lord someone made "Build Range Preview" mod cuz there is also "advanced camera stuff" fucked.

I'd really like the ability for engineers, combat engineers, and sacus to reclaim only. Currently,
when your mass fills up, they begin to assist units or repair.

Unless it's already included somewhere, can anything be done to bring back the default attack ground/ignore units on at least specific units, i.e. battleships? Having to go back to dragging orders was depressing.

@deletethis said in Upcoming developers patch:

Unless it's already included somewhere, can anything be done to bring back the default attack ground/ignore units on at least specific units, i.e. battleships? Having to go back to dragging orders was depressing.

This has been suggested - we're looking into it. I do not recall attack ground to ever ignore props or units, but maybe I just never looked closely to it.

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

It was a feature of number two here. Basically the same thing that was used for nukes tml.

That explains. I added that for TMLs, but not for attack ground. I can add that in.

While we are at it, would it be possible to add features 1 and 3 of random-ui-improvements as well?

There is literally no situation in the game where you want to give a reclaim order on an empty patch of ground.
This is especially true considering that you can easily missclick a rock sometimes, making it look like you gave a valid reclaim order, when you actually clicked next to your target.

Similarly, the automatic conversion of move commands to patrol is basically all downside too.
Trying to quickly spread some gunships via spread move, only to accidentally click the same spot twice, converting the entire thing into a patrol and hence having to start over, is just no fun.

@cheeseberry

I agree with the first qol change but not the second. Its useful to be able to create patrol routes by clicking the end of a move path, and not everyone uses spread move ui mods so the base game shouldn't change based on a frustrating interaction with a mod.

put the xbox units in the game pls u_u

I'll make it toggleable.

@Zeldafanboy and @CheeseBerry

Similarly, the automatic conversion of move commands to patrol is basically all downside too.
Trying to quickly spread some gunships via spread move, only to accidentally click the same spot twice, converting the entire thing into a patrol and hence having to start over, is just no fun.

See: https://github.com/FAForever/fa/pull/4474

Gave this a quick test and it works perfectly, great work 😄

@cheeseberry said in Upcoming developers patch:

There is literally no situation in the game where you want to give a reclaim order on an empty patch of ground.
This is especially true considering that you can easily missclick a rock sometimes, making it look like you gave a valid reclaim order, when you actually clicked next to your target.

Maybe it's just me but when i used the feature it felt pretty buggy/not super responsive so i had it perma disabled.

That is because the implementation that Strogo made was not ideal in all situations, hence we tried to find an alternative. And we did.

I've renamed this topic to the patches it represented.