$300 Summer Heat Wave 1v1 Sweat Tourney

Surrounded by morons

Ras Boi's save lives.

Between the BO1s changed to BO3s, and the delayed start of 1 hour, I am not sure if I can finish tournament anymore. Will see how speedy the tournament progresses but I might need to leave near the end. Hopefully Nexus kills me before then.

Why is ZenthicAlpha in the lower bracket and Spikeynoob in the veteran bracket?

sorted by global

Results of the Lower Bracket Round Robin:

1. Zaznoba (Tournament Champion)
  2. loxpooig (Faction Face) Choice: Cool Princess
  3. Karateka (Faction Logo) Choice: Seraphim Logo

See here for the potential Avatar Awards: https://forum.faforever.com/topic/271/tournament-avatars-ideas/4

Bracket Results: https://challonge.com/i7k41fqt

In case anybody is curious, Zaznoba got first even though he has the same score as loxpooig because he had the superior tiebreak. That basically just means that in the games they played against each other, Zaznoba scored 2 points and loxpooig scored 1 so he is considered to be ahead.

Thanks for taking the time to show up and play each other, we decided to do a bracket split because we figured it would be more fun for mid level players to play one another and have a decent shot at getting a placement in their own event. It also allows for a shorter but more interesting top bracket since the overall games are more competitive. Feel free to contact me to claim any award if it was given out to you guys.

@spikeynoob Your global is 1249?

@mcdonalds said in $300 Summer Heat Wave 1v1 Sweat Tourney:

@spikeynoob Your global is 1249?

No? He's 1.7-1.8k in global.

@i_forgorthescene So why was zenthic in the lower bracket and spikey in the veteran bracket?

His highest rating was his ladder which was like 1470. Spikey is currently 1700 global and it wasn't even his peak global. For Spikey to improve it was better for him to play in the upper bracket, Zenthic was going to have a better time playing in the lower bracket rather than someone 900 rating above him like Yudi or Tagada in the first round of the bracket.

All lower bracket avas are given out. For top bracket to get their avatars and/or money they should PM me their selection of avatar as well as their paypal for the funds.

@Tagada
@Haachamachama
@Tex