Hives Need a Nerf vol. III

@moses_the_red said in Hives Need a Nerf vol. III:

In that patch, you can see significant across the board nerfs to most T3 units in the "T3 Land Combat" section. Notice that there were no corresponding nerfs to the combat effectiveness of assault experimentals.

Patch also nerfed almost every experimental in the game but that's okay dude, I know you'll contort it to suit your righteous crusade, i'm sure we can revert this patch and go back to the glory days of loyalist/harbinger rushing literally every game very soon.

Its saying "Fuck all these maps, they aren't really part of the game, balancing around them isn't worth the effort".

alt text

This post is deleted!
This post is deleted!

@biass

Pay attention to the wording.

"Nerfs to the combat effectiveness of Assault Experimentals".

Their build times were nerfed, doesn't affect their combat effectiveness. Just affects how quickly they can be turned out.

@biass
Pay attention to the wording.

@biass said in Hives Need a Nerf vol. III:

that's okay dude, I know you'll contort it to suit your righteous crusade,

Ok well since this topic has been hijacked several times over, i'll reguide the focus back onto the fact that while ecoing, losing some build efficiency using hives vs engineers is not a big trade off if your completed goal adds more income to your rates. So when you look at the possible curves players can pull off ecoing, Cybran is simply out of balance as they will never lose that race. Add any overflow or throw style play (which happens often when players intentionally lose their front position and fall back). No engineer clumping, and to the range of hives, once 4-8 t3 fabs can be completed, the hives can then just sit on a quantum gateway and keep their production value in use. Not to mention as stec did in the example, your eco is so popping at that point that you can just quickly build more hives in new positions to eco more. I just can't imagine doing that as a seraphrim player under any conditions with the 33% Build buff gone.

As for all this map fluff rubbish i have to listen to on any post, dual gap is a popular map, it is ranked, it follows the no-allshare meta that seems to be more popular in tournaments (somehow that still hasn't been standardized). If every map wasn't a canis clone, then there wouldn't be such a call for conformity. Look at the maps i've designed and uploaded for smaller or different versions of the role-based style. Lets start getting more play on maps that are like our favorites, but are not our favorites just for academic sake.

And again back to possible solutions:

Add engineering stations of some type to all factions (I thought i saw this in dev notes somewhere but might have been for a mod)

Add a spool up time for the hives.

Remove the 2nd upgrade for hives.

Every serious teamgame tournament is played with full share. Zero idea how you got the idea that share until death is “standardized” in tournament play.

@Spy_Emanciator said in Hives Need a Nerf vol. III:

Ok well since this topic has been hijacked several times over, i'll reguide the focus back onto the fact that while ecoing, losing some build efficiency using hives vs engineers is not a big trade off if your completed goal adds more income to your rates. So when you look at the possible curves players can pull off ecoing, Cybran is simply out of balance as they will never lose that race. Add any overflow or throw style play (which happens often when players intentionally lose their front position and fall back). No engineer clumping, and to the range of hives, once 4-8 t3 fabs can be completed, the hives can then just sit on a quantum gateway and keep their production value in use. Not to mention as stec did in the example, your eco is so popping at that point that you can just quickly build more hives in new positions to eco more. I just can't imagine doing that as a seraphrim player under any conditions with the 33% Build buff gone.

It's true that you can generally spam up more buildpower quickly, but the main bottleneck when ecoing is always going to be mass. Assisting nukes is an exception but nuke assist has already been nerfed. Sitting on a gateway keeps hives active but doesn't give a speed increase once you use all the mass in storage. Once you get out an SACU they generally either assist the gateway go build something, in either case they spend more mass than they generate so you won't really hit a buildpower bottleneck after that.

You can generally get around engie pathfinding problems with good rally points and assisting them on each-other. They can move around and start construction (hives can only assist/reclaim). You can drop engis on the map for reclaim or move them out to build sams without having to risk a ras com. Hives have some advantages (shield upgrading with Hive assist is expensive but fast and good for arty wars) but so does engie spam.

And I watched the replay, Stec got so much eco and stuff because he balanced his power well, he got reclaim, and didn't do anything but eco for the first chunk of the game. He was in air slot but was very delayed on T3. If you hadn't suicided your first two strats and had killed his one asf with your 5 before it shot down your strat, you could have completely destroyed his base. Even at minute 20 you had much more air and could have sent some strats or corsairs and destroyed his entire mass fab/pgen grid.

Just need someone to implement the bigbrain idea of aeon t1 engies being able to merge into a t2 if u have an hq kappa

@TheWheelie said in Hives Need a Nerf vol. III:

Just need someone to implement the bigbrain idea of aeon t1 engies being able to merge into a t2 if u have an hq kappa

I think thats nice for aon for faction diversity. But not as a general concept because transportation of engis to key areas is good that its apm intensive. Imagine if you can just merge 4 engis into a t2 uef and spam triads everywhere once you hit t2. Ridiculous idea.

T2 aon pd on the other hand? Who cares??

What are you on about? You just spam t3 engineers, they're more mass efficient and you make more t3 fabs before you build ras sacu spam, because of the lower build time on the t3 fabs. This means that you are able to consume most of your excess without needing hive spam, so you are probably delaying your overall build by about a minute while you pump out t3 engineers.

People just use hives because you don't have to deal with the bullshit dodgems where there is a 2% chance all your units sit their idle because one asshole engi wants to play smart and sit on your construction plot.

Also using Stec as an example of early eco times.... go watch some of the 2k dual gap players lol.

IF you wanna beat stec go seraphim get 2 t2 bombers and watch as he rage quits because you killed his t2-t3 mex, and his pgens. while he still has yet to even start a t3 fac.

The spool up time would help with op shield assist too. Today lost a game where a mavor got built under t3 seraphrim shileds with some rediculous amount of hives assisting shields. We had 2 dukes, 6 satellites, and assorted battleship and cruiser fire all hitting together but the hives were too much. Every shield we broke, it instantly was able to brace another shield with sooo stupidly much build power. No other faction can pull that off unless your running around with 8+ engineer scu's or something.

Change something.