Enable allies see veteranicy and mass killed of ally units

@jip

I've seen UI mods share info on friendly SMDs and Nukes with load numbers on that stuff.
IE: teammate has SMD loaded one, twice, or however many times - With this UI mod, I could see that just by highlighting the unit. Can this not be implemented on a slightly larger scale to anyone on your team to see?

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I'd need to know what UI mods that are and how they do it before I can answer that 😉

A work of art is never finished, merely abandoned

@jip said in Enable allies see veteranicy and mass killed of ally units:

I understand the value, but I'm not sure how we can implement this without allowing other people (read: the enemies) to pick up the information too.

Like vision this kind of information would be only shared to "team member"

@jip i think its ecomanager that does this. Its super helpful

I have an idea of making it but through sim
(Silo count too)

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

Showing the radar range of your team instead of only your own radar would also be quite helpful

@nex this is nearly impossible, afaik even with binpatch it is not reachable

“Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.”
— Steve Jobs.
My UI Mods

😢

I would imagine adding such a feature would also open up another vector for cheats as well, I.E intercepting the information so you can see your enemies' SMD load count. So I'd keep that in mind too.

@snagglefox said in Enable allies see veteranicy and mass killed of ally units:

I would imagine adding such a feature would also open up another vector for cheats as well, I.E intercepting the information so you can see your enemies' SMD load count. So I'd keep that in mind too.

That information is already on your client. With Supcom, you can not prevent vision / information cheats, like at all. And im pretty sure this is the case for every deterministic strategy game.